While our Portal Admin is on extended leave, I will be making changes to our intranet. She had made an alternate home page for the month of February, and I am not sure how to make the change back to our old home page. She gave me an administrator’s guide, but I cannot find the right section (and I’m afraid I will delete something that I cannot get back!).
No worries! That's what we are here for!
Setting a New Start Page Redirect
- ProTip – this sets up the Start Page node on both horizontal and vertical navigation, as well as the “first screen” when people log in. If your home page is ALSO linked in other places (like a banner or dropdown) you’d have to adjust those separately!
First – you need to identify which page needs to be the “new” home page and look for the name. This is on the Top Left of the page in the tool bar. In my example, I want the ATLAS page, “Home” in the Passageways Workgroup to be the Home Page.
Second – you need to navigate to the Layouts Manager.
- Portal Tools -> Manage Portal Framework -> Layouts Manager
Third – you need to “find” the right page
- Click the third tab in the Layout Manager (Configure Page Redirect)
- Type the name of the page in the search box and find the right one (if there are multiples, like I have, make sure you pick the one you want!), then click View Page Details
Fourth – Assign to All
- Click the “Add All” button, then click OK!
You should be all set. 😊
Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.