Question : We got some feedback about the calendar and functionality. Can you share with me what we could be doing to get MORE use out of this tool? The hover doesn't seem to give much info (and goes away really fast) and we need to see who is signed up for the events!
Answer : YOU BET we can help!! First off - don't forget to check out the Calendar Guide. In the meantime, here's some fast facts about calendar:
- What browser are you using? In Chrome, when you hover over an event, the pop up should stay up as long as your mouse pointer is still on the name of the event. I do notice that IE does turn the pop up off after a short time.
- You should be able to see all the info in the pop up screen cap below
- I would suggest adding the number of recommended attendees to the end of the Description, as that does show when you hover over.
- I also suggest setting a maximum sign up number for this case, so people can see how many of the number of attendee spots have been filled. (Also - if the event is "open" sign up - you still need a number in there, or it defaults to 0. So, set it to 1000 or something)
- People who have permission to Manage the event have the option to Edit, Delete, Download, Manage Enrollment, and Sign up for it by right clicking the event. (Cool tip – If you don’t have Office365 connector turned on, if you download the event, it creates an Outlook calendar item that you can email the invite to anyone)
- They can manage attendees and see if anyone is on the waiting list (if max sign ups were exceeded). Note there is also a button at the top left where you can email attendees.
- If you have a recurring event, you can view sign-ups for all sessions by clicking the button that shows up next to email attendees (top left). Here’s a screen cap of that button, and an example of an event that has received more than the maximum sign ups
- If you go to the Multiple sessions view, you can see each date in the recurring event, and who is signed up.
- All Workgroup members should be able to View Enrollment – if you allow sign ups, they can do either of these actions (or withdraw their sign up) by right clicking on the event.
- If you have made enrollment Public, they should be able to see who else is enrolled, as well!
Many thanks to Rachelle for the original write up on this and to her user Melissa D for the question!
Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.