How do I limit who displays it the Employee Directory Island? Can I hide people or show a specific team?
Yes, you can filter the Employee Directory to only display the people who have matching user Profile Field. We can't hide, per se, but be can be specific about what is displayed.
Let's look at how to do that:
- Add the Employee Directory Island to a page, then click the Actions Icon to Configure Employee Directory
- Choose the profile fields you want to display
- Check the box for Default Filter Expression, choose a field to sort by from the drop down, and hit Refresh
- Click Refresh
- Choose a filter from the Filter Column
- Type in the text that matches what the user profiles would have input for that field
- Click Add Filter
- Your filter should appear in the box below the Add Filter button
- If you are finished, hit save
- If you also want to sort the list of users displayed, you can follow the same process...
- Click the box for Default Sort Expression
- Choose the field you want to sort by
- Click Refresh
- (Optional) choose a Sort Direction
- (Optional) enter the number of users you want to display on the Employee Directory before they have to page through - this will affect the height of your island
- Click Save
Note, you can add more than one filter.
Great job! You should have your specific team displayed in the Employee Directory now.
On to part two of the question... excluding people.
Since we can't "hide" anyone, we have to be clever about who is displayed.
The Employee Directory will ONLY display user profiles who's text entered in the field you filtered by MATCHES.
So technically, if someone's user profile for say was left blank, or was different than what was typed in, it would not display.
You can easily leave someone out of the Directory that way. For example, I filtered by Department. If I had a user who I was needing to leave out, I would make the Department field blank, or different than the text I typed in. The user would then be essentially "hidden" from the Employee Directory because it didn't match. Easy!
I have a test user in my portal that I didn't want to show. I simply made their "Last Name" Profile Field be blank, then ensured that was a field being displayed when I configured my Employee Directory Island on the page, and it worked perfectly - they didn't show up.
If you are simply trying to hide someone who doesn't need displayed, but you want everyone else to show up, leave a field that is being displayed for everyone in the Employee Directory blank for that user in their employee profile.
If you aren't sure how to edit fields in the user profile, get with your CSM!
Hope this is helpful to you!
Please sign in to leave a comment.