Question: We finally took the time to set up a new DropDown toolbar and it looks great! We're saving a ton of space on our home page, and the test group we rolled it out to was very appreciative! Now, how do I make sure EVERYONE is using it and that they can't "switch back" to an old toolbar?
Answer: Not too hard at all! Here's some things you need to know:
1] Any Portal Admin can “reset” the Layout of any Employee. Toolbar is part of Layout.
- Portal Tools -> Manage Portal Framework -> Layouts Manager
- Assign Layouts (2nd Tab)
- Choose the “right” Toolbar and make sure to assign to ALL
- You may want to make sure that the “right” Toolbar is the only Toolbar set as a Public Layout (1st tab) – tedious work but worth it, so no one can change to another Toolbar
- This is the same for other Layout pieces (Banner, Navigation, etc)
2] You *can* remove the “My Settings” navigation link for your end users.
- Portal Tools -> Manage Portal Framework -> Navigation Manager
I have had a few groups do this, as they do not want Users to “change” anything for their navigation, settings etc. If you were to go that route, you’d probably still want to have a way for them to be able to access “My Profile” so they can change/update there as needed but that’s as easy as making a link or button somewhere that goes to https://YOURPORTALNAMEHERE.com/UserTools/My_Profile.aspx
Please sign in to leave a comment.