Question: I would like to be able to send a quick alert from our home page without needing to do a lot of searching, is that possible?
Answer: Sure is! You can put a hyperlink in a button so that you can send a person or role an alert without needing to search of that person or role in the search bar.
Here is how!
1) Add a button island to the centralized page of your choice. Customize the size and color of the button in ‘edit island properties’
2) Now you need to get the hyperlink to send alerts. To make it easy, search your name in the search bar.
3) Once you see your user profile, select ‘Send Alert’ under your user picture.
4) Click ‘Send Alert’ which will take you to an alert page. Once you are on that page in your portal, you will want to copy PART of the URL. You will select everything from the left over to /SendUserAlert.aspx Do not include the ‘?’
5) Once you have the URL, head back to the page that you put your Alert Button. It’s time to ‘manage button island content’
6) Add the URL that you obtained from the alerts page.
You can further customize this Alert Button by adjusting the button text, hover color, and opacity. When finished, select ‘apply’ and ‘ok’.
Please sign in to leave a comment.