Many of our Passageways Family Members have been impacted by challenging emergency situations in 2017. From hurricanes, to severe flooding, to wildfires - we know that there are times where you need to get information to your staff as quickly as possible.
We'd like to share a Best Practice we've developed to help you in these kinds of situations.
Your Portal has the ability to "re-route" your users' Start Page via a Start Page Redirect. What we suggest is that you do the following:
1. Create an Emergency Page that quickly alerts your Users of the situation and provides links to resources they may need. Suggestions might include :
- A printable list of Emergency Phone Contacts
- Links to Emergency Resources for customers/members
- An active list of impacted/closed offices or branches
- A link to a Conversation where users can offer aid to one another
2. Make sure the Emergency Page includes a link for users to get back to their Normal Start Page.
3. Make the Emergency Page public, and use the Start Page Redirect to roll it out organization-wide.
The screen cap below was made in v6.1.2 using the "Background Properties" of a page - but could be recreated easily in ANY version of the portal!
Please sign in to leave a comment.