Portal Framework 7.5.2 is a big release for OnSemble. It contains Azure AD authentication for those who want to leverage their existing Azure instances, especially for our hosted customers. In addition, we have two major document updates in this release, tracking document openings from the portal and not deleting a document when overwriting it.
- Azure AD Authentication – We have added the ability to have an Azure AD instance provide authentication into the OnSemble portal. The setup for this is a bit complicated and we will have a guide on how to do this prepared. It will require creating an ID in Azure AD, and then adding that ID to the web.config section. More to follow.
- Document History Report – As of the installation of Framework 7.5.2, whenever a document is opened from the portal, that document opening will be logged. A new report is available in the Reports -> Portal Framework section named Document History Report. With this report, an admin can filter by document, date, and/or user to see how often the documents are being accessed.
System Summary Emails – The portal can email log files with a button click. Why not system summary? A new button on the System Summary page will send us the top portion of the System Summary down to the blue section. Both this and the log files page will prompt an email address to send the information to, so you can send it to us, or to yourselves.
- Reset Themes – Portal Themes are a pain because they get assigned to users when users are imported or select their own theme. Setting a default theme skips over these users. Resetting themes was an individual-by-individual process. To help facilitate easier theme setting and usage, we have added an Apply Default Theme to All button on the Manage Themes page. This will bring up a confirmation modal, and then will remove the individual assignments of any portal themes, causing the default to be active for everyone.
- Overwriting Documents – In the past, uploading a document with the same name would create a new document with that name while deleting the older document and its history. Starting with this update, when a user uploads a document with the same name, the old document will not be deleted. Instead, the new document becomes the next version of that document. This will prevent any existing links for documents from becoming broken and prevent the history from being deleted.
- Anniversary Ordering – Anniversaries will no longer take year into account if it doesn’t display when ordering by the date field.
- New Users – New users created through AD auto-create or by import were not always getting the Employee role. They should now.
- Workgroup properties – When viewing workgroup properties and the owner of the workgroup is a deleted user, the properties page will display properly instead of showing a yellow screen.
- Templates – Templates contained the CSS for the islands but did not properly use the new IDs for the island when creating from the template. This has been fixed and Templates should work much better now.
- DisablePortalShell – The previous implementation of DisablePortalShell=True would set the shell to be a different shell with limited functionality. This would cause some parts of islands to not work correctly. Instead, this functionality has been changed to load all layout sections as the Empty[Section] so only the content pane was displayed. This should fix numerous issues with islands not working correctly.
- Document load speed – Loading documents in the portal should be faster now.
- Document Navigation – Clicking into a root folder and then clicking the Navigate Up button would leave the root folder in the breadcrumb above the documents. This should no longer happen.