Welcome to the initial release of Policies and Procedures for OnSemble. This application has been in the works for a long time, and it is finally being released to our customers.
Policies and Procedures is a brand new application focused on providing auditable workflows for your policy and procedure documents. Document folders can be created of type Policies and Procedures, and they will follow all of the
Policies and Procedures Features:
- Personas - Policy and Procedure document folders are based around Personas. Each folder has a Persona for Authors, Publishers, and Managers, and from 0-5 Approver Personas. Personas have folder-based, settable permissions.
- Document Approval Workflow - Documents uploaded to Policies and Procedures go through an approval process before they are available to readers of the folder. The approval process goes at least to a publisher, but more approver tiers can be added if there are multiple approvers a document needs to go through.
- Document Expirations - Documents can be set to expire. Expired documents are still available but show visible warnings that the document has expired. Expired documents alert their authors prior to their expiration.
- Improved Document Versioning - Document versions are visible from the properties. Documents always start at version 1.0. When a new version is opened, the minor or major version can be incremented at the author's discretion.
- Multiple document versions are available at the same time. Readers will only be able to open the most recently published version while Persona members can open the currently being worked on version and any older versions.
- Improved Audit Trail - All interactions with a document during the publishing process are recorded to an audit trail, which is viewable by non-reader personas. This includes the interaction, who did it, which persona did it, when it was done, and extra information about the interaction.
- Notifications - Any time action is required on a document, whether it's an approval, an acknowledgement, or a document expiration, alerts are sent out to appropriate parties.
- Acknowledgements - Published documents can require acknowledgements from its readers. Acknowledgements behave just like Announcement acknowledgements.
- Navigation - Policy and Procedure document folders you have access to will show up in your horizontal and vertical navigations. These are one-stop locations to see documents you need.
- In Review Essentials - Non-reader Persona members can track documents they have authored or see any documents that require their input to advance.
- Published Essentials - Readers can see any recently published documents and documents that require their acknowledgements. People with permissions can view acknowledgement status from here.