Complete New Look for Portal Documents
The primary feature of OS 7.20 is the modernization of the Portal Document Repository
- New feature: Document Repository Navigation using Folder Breadcrumbs
- Navigate up one or more levels with one click
- Drag and Drop files directly from your desktop to the Document Repository Folders
- Users can also Shift-Left click or CTRL-Left click to drag over multiple documents at a time
- Drag and Drop Folders not included with this release, but will be considered later
- Improved UX for uploading duplicate documents
- Clearly see which files have duplicates, decide which to keep - or keep both!
- Folder URLs are now available on folder properties
- Allows users to easily link to an entire folder in the Document Repository
- New Pagination allows users to select how many items show in the Repository (up to 100)
- New Filter option was added to help users quickly find documents or folders
- Not quite a Search, this feature allows you to filter inside only the folder you are viewing
- New colorful icons help easily distinguish different document types (.doc, .ppt, etc)
- Folder Properties and Document Properties pages have been updated to new look and feel
- Improved experience for both Folder and Document Security Permissions
- Validation was added to ensure that at least one writer is required on folders and documents
- Document Permission will now show all users with permission - even if they don't exist on parent folder
- Manage Folders Permission Apply Options are now the same as Manage Document Permission Apply options to provide clarity for customers
Complete New Look for the My Alerts Island and View Alerts
The My Alerts Island was so old and outdated that it was rarely used by customers. With this new face lift this island will be a great alternative for customers who do not like the pop-up alerts.
- Users can sort alerts by Subject, From and Sent Date
- Users have a clear indicator of Urgent Alerts
- Users have a clear indicator of Read and Unread alerts
- Users can toggle the Read/Unread Status
- New Pagination allows users to select how many items show on the Island (up to 100)
- Island is responsive to accommodate small resolutions and columns
User Select Control
- As seen in the image below, a feature was added to disable the Add All and Remove All buttons when one or more filter has been removed.
- The previous behavior of the Add/Remove all buttons is to Add/Remove all items in the list regardless of the filters. For example, if "Workgroup" was unchecked, workgroups would not show in the user select control. However, if the Add All button was clicked, All Users, Roles, and Workgroups would be added - even though they were not visible.
- This new feature should help eliminate unwanted users from being added/removed accidentally.
7.2.0 Bug Fixes
Fixed: Active Directory / Roles - The portal will now remove a User from a linked Role when they are removed from the linked AD Security Group.
Fixed: Button Island - Images can now be removed on Button island, after the Button Island has been added to a page, allowing the User to have just a background color.
Fixed: Carousel Island - Carousel Island no longer gives System String Error when using Check Boxes for a Profile Field in a User Profile.
Fixed: Carousel Island - Carousel Island will no longer be forced to 500 px height when in a docked section of a Layout Page and set to Content Height.
Fixed: Document Permissions - Deleting a workgroup after workgroup permissions have been added to individual documents/folders no longer leaves a "blank line" in the document/folder permissions.
Fixed: Document Permissions - Permissions now display for all database document files (no longer 'only at the parent level') regarding users/roles/groups and now displays all permissions to the documents.
Fixed: Document Permissions and New Users - Previously, creating a new user with Form Authentication would cause an "authorization box" until application pool Recycle when the new user was trying to open documents.
Fixed: Document Repository - Changing the name of a sub-folder to contain special characters (like apostrophes) no longer causes documents to throw validation errors.
Fixed: Document Subscriptions - Opening the properties of a Portal Database Document folder and clicking OK (without doing anything else) will no longer also subscribe you to Changed and Deleted.
Fixed: Edit My Profile - Previously, a bug had been saving the values the very first time you clicked Apply, when making changes under 'Edit My Profile' but any other time after that it, 'Apply' was being ignored.
Fixed: Layouts Manager - Configure Page Redirect - Roles were not able to be removed from a Page Redirect once they had been added. Now you can remove them.
Fixed: Page Properties - The Opacity Slider is no longer having issues with being disabled unless the color is chosen again.
Fixed: Page Properties - Page properties can now be accessed even if the page's creator has been deleted.
Fixed: Portal Text Editor (PTE) - Apostrophes were causing issues with the "Add Portal Document Button" in PTE.
Fixed: Search - Page names with an apostrophes in them will now return the page results.
Fixed: Search - Page search will now work even if a page is more than one level down (in a folder or sub folder)
Fixed: Templates - Portal Text Editors (PTE) in Workgroup and Page Templates will now copy their content as well. (YAY!)
Fixed: Workgroups - Workgroups with deleted managers no longer throw errors when loading them in the OnSemble navigation.
Fixed: Workgroup Delete Error - Users will no longer receive a "yellow page" when deleting a workgroup that contains a page with 'Grouped' Islands.