The 7.5.0 release of System Permissions is aimed at fixing a few bugs and adding some asked-for features.
System Permissions New Feature:
- Permission Dependency!
- A parent permission can be set to have any number of children permissions
- What this means for you, is that the parent permission has to be completed before the children permissions are sent out for processing or viewing.
- A good example is an employee may have to be added to Active Directory (parent permission) before they can be added to Email Groups (child permission) or to Microsoft Teams, or Office 365 (more child permissions)
- System Access Report!
- A new report has been added the Reports section of the navigation for System Permissions
- This report will allow you to filter a snapshot of the existing permissions by permission, category, or employee.
- This report is also exportable.
System Permissions Bug Fixes:
Fixed: Installs and Updates - Installing or updating System Permissions will no longer break Portal Documents.
Fixed: Manage Employee Requests - When an employee was deleted permanently from the portal, the Manage Employee Requests could error and end up not displaying anything. This has been fixed.
Fixed: Permissions - Permissions to module tools given to roles work for the users within them now.
Fixed: Categories - Names and descriptions of Permissions and Permission Categories is now saved properly. They previously only saved until the next cache refresh.