Viewing what IIS is doing, and finding slow pages.
- Open IIS, click on the server name, double click worker processes
- Choose the application pool you want to investigate (In my example I am choosing Passageways Atlas)
- Click on view current requests
- If there are any requests running they will show up in the list.
- you can sort them by time to see the pages taking the longest.
- If the list is blank then there were no requests running at the time you clicked the view current requests link.
- You can use F5 to keep refreshing.
Use the attached appcmd.bat file to export the list.
- Save the appcmd.bat file to your server
- Run it as administrator
- If you get a result the bat file will automatically save the result to your clipboard
- Open Notepad
- Save as something.log
- Send log to passageways support
In-depth video on how to troubleshoot IIS.