*NEW* There is a "Release Notes Checklist" attached to the bottom of this article. This .pdf covers most of what you see here and gives 'hands-on' notes for trying out these features. Feel free to use it yourself, or pass along to other team members to help with your own training.
Anniversary Island Improvement
Based on your feedback, you now have the ability to choose your how your portal displays the date of your staff anniversary. Choose from a 2-digit year, 4-digit year, or to not display the year at all. The Anniversary Guide has been updated to reflect this change.
Additionally, we have changed the single-digit months and days on the Anniversary Island to have "leading zeroes" to be more consistent with other displayed dates.
Product Manager Note: At this time, we consider the innovations/feature requests for the Anniversary Island to be complete and have closed that story.
List Island Improvement
Based on your feedback, the List Island now has an "Apply" Button so that you can safely save your progress as you go without leaving the Manage Content page. The List Guide has been updated to reflect this change.
7.4.3 Bug Fixes
- Document Repository: Typo - When deleting documents there was a confusing typo. This has been fixed.
- Framework: Public Pages - Public Pages can now be subscribed to and users will receive Alerts when those pages are changed.
- Framework: Page Copying - An issue was found where if one page was copied multiple times, or multiple times in succession, there would be an overly large amount of duplicate CSS stored in the portal that could only be removed via SQL script. This duplicate CSS was causing lag, copy-page-fails, and in some cases (for the user trying to make the copy) to have the portal crash and time out. This issue has been fixed. However, the script should be run "one last time" to clean up any lingering issues.
- List Island: Semi Colons in Link Items - Rarely, a URL will contain a semi-colon ( ; ). It was discovered that links containing semi-colons would break Link Items in a List Island. We have fixed this issue.
- List Island: Content Duplication - It was discovered that if a page had multiple List Islands on it, and also had other islands that caused a post-back, the List Islands would begin to duplicate content between themselves. We have fixed this issue.
- List Island: PDF Downloads - We have changed the List Island so that PDF documents will now open in a browser tab instead of downloading. (PM Note: We plan to add this feature to other areas, such as PTE, & Portal Docs in the future.)