This release contains MANY great features and bug fixes! Scroll down to see them all (or use CTRL-F to find a specific item). Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager if you have any questions!
*NEW* There is a "Release Notes Checklist" attached to the bottom of this article. This .pdf covers most of what you see here and gives 'hands-on' notes for trying out all of these features. Feel free to use it yourself, or pass along to other team members to help with your own training.
Complete new look and added features for Birthday Island
The old Birthday Island was unattractive, and displayed oddly when users had very long names, or if the island was made to be very narrow. This update modernizes the Birthday Island to look similar to other updated islands, adds the option to display the user’s photo thumbnail, and fixes several reported bugs.
Important Note: The updated birthday island can only be used on Workgroup Pages, not on "My Pages."
Complete new look and added features for Anniversary Island
The old Anniversary Island was unattractive, and displayed oddly when users had very long names, or if the island was made to be very narrow. This update modernizes the Anniversary Island to look similar to other updated islands, adds the option to display the user’s photo thumbnail, and fixes several reported bugs.
Important Note: The updated anniversary island can only be used on Workgroup Pages, not on "My Pages."
Island Properties on Freeform and Layout pages have been modernized
The old “island properties” was still showing on Layout and Freeform pages. This update modernizes that experience to be more similar to the island properties found in islands placed on structures pages.
Improvement: “Grouping” is now clearly only allowed on Freeform Islands and “undocked” Islands on Layout Pages. “Docking” only appears on Layout Pages.
Improvement: Background images can now be added via drag-and-drop, as well as “browse.”
Workgroup Essentials via Right-Click (not left-click)
The new experience is that a LEFT CLICK expands the workgroup. A DOUBLE-LEFT CLICK will still take you to workgroup essentials. A RIGHT CLICK still opens the menu, and workgroup essentials has been added there.
Increased Drop-Zone size when building in structures
This update increases the size of the drop zone to fill the whole available space. No more hunting for the thin blue line!
Improvements to Workgroup Essentials
Several improvements to accommodate the new Alerts & Announcements, plus a few 'quality of life' features to help speed things along.
- Add ability to View, Edit, Delete and View Read Status from Recent Announcements Section.
- Show Read Status Indicator in Recent Announcements Section.
- Improved Assistant Manager Section by adding menu options to individual assistant managers.
- Improve Members Section by adding menu options individual role members.
Create a workgroup for someone else!
Sometimes, you may need to set a workgroup up for another user who does not have permission to set up op for themselves. An added dropdown during workgroup creation makes this easier than ever!
Make page headers/title bars TRANSPARENT for all - with one click!
Make your page headers a little less noticeable.
Head over to User Interface settings and check the box. (See before and after below!)
Important Note: You MUST be on one of the new "Version 7" themes for this feature to work properly Not sure? Check with your CSM!
7.3.0 Bug Fixes
Fixed: Carousel Island - Image sizing issue from discovered in 7.2 has been fixed. (This was not an issue in any previous version; if you were not part of the 7.2-only Limited Availability, you may not have ever seen this bug)
Fixed: Digital Display Shell - No longer throws an error when displaying notifications.
- Ampersands (&) - Documents with an ampersand (&) in the title will now open properly when searched for.
- .txt files - An issue where .txt files would fail to open has been resolved.
- Read-Only Subscribers - Users with only the "read" permission for a document will now see a "success modal" letting them know they have successfully subscribed. (They were being subscribed before, but had no way tell for certain!)
Fixed: Alerts to Mobile Phone - Cellular provider information is now saving properly.
Fixed: Page Renaming - An issue where you could not rename a page if the only thing being changed was capitalization was resolved.
Fixed: Workgroup Essentials:
- Alerts - The "OK" button on a successful Alert now displays properly.
- Announcements Menu - Announcements Menu now anchors when scrolling.
- Recent Announcements - No longer cuts off "No Announcements" text when there aren't any announcements to display.
- Data - Usage data will now reflect all the workgroup's pages, even those that are in a folder one or more layers deep.