If the search has unexpectedly stopped working, it is most likely because DTsearch failed to run the night before. If you don't want to wait for it to run on its own the following night, you can run it manually.
- Go to your webserver
- Find the file PortalDocumentIndexer.exe it is usually in the following folder:
- Run it as an administrator.
- A command window should open up and start counting the files it is indexing.
- If the command window only counts to 1, then something is broken and you will need to contact support.
- If the command window starts counting, it could take a while if you have thousands of documents. Once it finishes the search should start working.
- If the search still doesn't work, check your search settings in the portal, under portal tools.