The release of 7.2 Announcements added several new permissions you should familiarize yourself, workgroup managers, and your users with.
Who Can Add/Edit Announcements?
That depends on how the island is configured.
Workgroup managers and assistant managers with proper permissions (see below) can configure the island to adjust the following settings:
(1) Display: Show a preview of the Announcement, or not, and choose how much of the message to display.
Side Note: Read Receipt announcements do NOT show a preview until the user has read the announcement and acknowledged it.
(2) Allow all members to post: This box is checked by default, allowing all members to post a new announcement. If this box is unchecked, only the Workgroup manager and assistant managers with proper permissions can post announcements.
How are Permissions set up?
The Group Announcements Island allows all Workgroup Members to do the following:
- Add a new Announcement (if that setting is chosen, see above)
- Edit and/or delete an Announcement they have posted
- View read receipt/send alerts for Announcements they have posted with read receipts on.
- Sort and filter Announcements
- Search Announcement history (even ones that have expired)
The Group Announcements Island allows the Workgroup Manager and Assistant Managers (with proper permissions) to do all of the above plus the following optional permissions:
(1) Add Announcement: Allows only users with this box checked to post an Announcement. This is used in conjunction with the Configure Announcements Settings. (see above)
(2) Edit Announcements: Allows this assistant manager to edit announcements posted by other users.
(3) Delete Announcements: Allows this assistant manager to delete announcements posted by other users.
(4) View Read Status: Allows this assistant manager to view read receipt status and send alerts on announcements posted by other users with read receipts on (see our separate article for read receipts).
(5) Configure Settings: Allows this assistant manager to access ‘Configure Settings’ as seen on above.
(6) Configure Settings: Allows this assistant manager to access ‘Configure Settings’ for the My Group Announcements island.