The release of 7.2 Announcements added new features to Read Receipts you should familiarize yourself, workgroup managers, and your users with.
There is also a full .pdf guide that includes all features.
Read Receipts and Acknowledgements - Managing
If an announcement is sent with read receipt required, the user who posted the message, the workgroup manager, and all assistant managers with proper permissions can “View Read Status.”
(1) Search: This allows you to Search for a specific workgroup member.
(2) Alert Unread Users: Shows how many have unread and if clicked, takes you to the send alert module (see the Alerts Guide for details!) with all unread users pre-populated in the “To” field. You can add or remove names from there. You can also change the default text if you like.
(3) Read/Unread: Use these checkboxes to sort the list based on who has read or not.
(4) Export: Click this icon to generate a spreadsheet that details who has/has not read, if read – when, user email, user supervisor name and user supervisor email.
(5) Sorting: Use these columns to sort the information provided.
(6) Items per page: This also tells you how many announcements were originally sent.
Read Receipts and Acknowledgements - Users
If a user opens an announcement that requires read receipt, they first see a pop up alerting them who has requested the read receipt. Clicking “Go Read” takes them to the next screen. Cancel leaves the announcement unread.
At this point, the user can choose to go back, leaving the announcement unread, or choose to acknowledge which is in the top right corner.
Critical Note: This feature was specifically based on feedback from our users, who did not want the acknowledge button “too close” to the back button. Having it in the top right means the user must ‘move their mouse’ to confirm.
If the user chooses to acknowledge, they get another pop up. This one asks for confirmation. If “Yes, I Acknowledge” is selected, three things will happen. The user is marked as ‘read,’ the user can now see a preview on the island, and the acknowledge button is greyed out on future viewings of this announcement for this user.