- Open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to your SQL Server database.
- Expand the Databases and the Tables folders for the table where you would like to insert your data from Excel.
- Right-click the table and select the fourth option – Edit Top 200 Rows.
- The data will be loaded and you will see the first 200 rows of data in the table.
- Switch to Excel and select the rows and columns to insert from Excel to SQL Server.
Right-click the selected cells and select Copy.
- Switch back to SQL Server Management Studio and scroll down to the last row at the bottom and locate the row with a star in the left-most column.
- Right-click the star in the column header and select Paste.
- Your data from Excel is now pasted into your table in SQL Server!