The birthdatefieldname has to match one of two things.
1. If you are pulling from the database it has to be birthmonth,birthday,birthyear to match the fields in the database
2. If you are pulling from the Active directory. It has to match the field names you entered in the web.config (in my example, I'm using BDAY,BMONTH,BYEAR) within the line.
<add name="ActiveDirectoryUserProfile" description="Active Directory" connectionStringName="LDAP" fieldNames="BDAY,BMONTH,BYEAR" attributeMapUserName="sAMAccountName" type="Passageways.Portal.Web.UserProfiles.ActiveDirectoryUserProfileProvider, Passageways.Portal.Web" />
After this point, you may need to Recycle the Application Pools within Internet Information Services on the server for the fields to be recognized by the islands.
You can now pull the date information as a single date from the Active Directory using a custom field.
In this example, I'm going to use the Notes field under Telephones
- The notes field attribute in AD is "info"
- I added the field name "info" to the web.config on the webserver (If you want to use a custom attribute, see link at the bottom of this article for directions on adding custom attributes)
In the profile field manager, create a new field. You can name it what you like.
- Chose a Label name (I'm calling mine "bbday").
- Chose the provider as Active Directory
- Set the Field Name to the attribute from the Active Directory (I'm using "info")
- When you check the user profile they should have a new field with the AD information in it.
- Under Module tools - Portal Framework - Module Properties
Change BirthDateFieldName to the attribute name. In my case, it is "info"
- Recycle the application pool and the birthdays should be listed