Before Proceeding to Upgrade with Expressway
Note: This update touches all the applications and will take a little longer than a normal update.
Consulting Apps: If you have any consulting applications install please contact Tech Support before upgrading.
1. Run all Windows Updates and make sure the server has been restarted.
2. Review Release Notes for enhancements and bug fixes included for each application. Please note that most application updates included in the 6.3 release are mainly focused around compatibility with Portal Framework 6.3 and .NET 4.7.2 updates. Applications with bug fixes are denoted with an asterisk (*) for ease.
- OnSemble Portal Framework 6.3
- Announcements 6.3*
- Assigned Tasks 6.3
- Auction Manager 6.3
- Calendar 6.3
- Connect for SharePoint 6.3
- Dashboards 6.3
- Document Search (dtSearch) 6.3*
- EIM (Enterprise Instant Messenger) 6.3*
- Employee Recognition 6.3
- Expense Reports 6.3
- Forms 6.3
- Help Desk 6.3*
- Learning Management 6.3*
- Lobby Management 6.3*
- Management Blogs 6.3
- Products & Services 6.3
- Photos 6.3
- Polls 6.3
- Reservations 6.3
- SSO (Single Sign On) 6.3
- Strategic Planning 6.3
- Supply Order 6.3
- System Permissions 6.3
- Vendor Management 6.3
Applying Updates Using Expressway
1. Log on to the application server using the Portal's identity account (regular domain user, local admin on the server) or another server administrator account.
2. Launch Expressway by selecting the desktop icon. If you do not see an Expressway icon, please follow the steps below to install.
Log into the Expressway Installer Website from the server. Make sure Microsoft Internet Explorer's Enhanced Security Configuration is not enabled.
Once logged in, click on the "Run Expressway" link and follow the prompts. If you are unsure of how to proceed, please review the Expressway Installation Guide, which can assist you in installing/updating your portal or contact Technical Support for assistance (email@example.com or 765-535-1880 opt.2).
3. You will be presented with a list of your portal(s) to select, as well as select individual applications for updates. Select the check box to the left of the portal you wish you install/update. If you click on the status "Ready to Install" or "Ready to Update" link, you can view the available updates.
4. After clicking next, your installation will verify the portal files and SQL tables. If your installation does not pass file or SQL validation, please contact Technical Support!
4a. Clicking next one additional time will begin the upgrade.
4b. Complete the wizard and your portal upgrade will be complete.
***If the update fails at any point and rolls back, please contact Technical Support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 765-535-1880 option 1.
Running Expressway for the First Time to Install the Portal
Please contact Passageways Technical Support team for assistance in installing the portal.