Passageways will end support for OnSemble V5.0 and V4.12 on July 31, 2019. Passageways will continue to provide telephone support for questions surrounding the use of retired versions of the OnSemble Platform for six months following its retirement.
If you have any questions or would like guidance on upgrading your version of OnSemble, please contact support or your Customer Success Manager and thank you for being a loyal Passageways customer.
- New Page Creation Tools. With OnSemble 6.2, we're giving users new tools to create and redesign portal pages. This release replaces the snap to grid feature with Page Guides and the Ruler. Page Guides establish a series of columns that act as anchors, automatically snapping any portal island to the width of the column. The Ruler acts as a horizontal anchor that you can place anywhere on your page, giving users an easy way to align their content. The result is a new set of tools that makes building beautiful and professional looking portal pages more accessible than ever.
- Portal Documents Improvements. With this release, you can now move database documents to new locations while retaining existing document links. Users who have writer permissions can now select a document or a folder within their database document folder and transfer the item to another database document folder within the document repository. When a database document is moved, users who are subscribed to that file will receive an alert notifying them of the change.
- Tabbed Islands Navigation Enhancements. Users can now create a hyperlink to a specific tab on a tabbed island. With this enhancement, content creators can link users to a page and choose which tab on the island displays first. This makes it even simpler to direct users to the information they need.
- Framework Analytics. The goal of this release is to enable some OnSemble Apps to collect product usage from customer portals – both hosted and on-premise installations. This will help Passageways be more intelligent and make meaningful business decisions regarding product roadmaps. This will have a long-term impact on OnSemble, giving us anatomized insights into how frequently features are used, what version of OnSemble customers are leveraging, what browsers are most popular, etc. This data will be anonymous and no content will be shared with Passageways. Analytics have been added to the following:
- Portal Framework 6.2
- Announcements 6.2
- Calendar 6.2
- Polls 6.2
- Reservations 6.2
- TLS 1.0 no longer needs to be enabled on the portal server to run Expressway
- Button island text will be centered even if the text is wider than the width of the island
- Portal security vulnerabilities by URL link access have been resolved – Users who do not have proper Administrator permissions will no longer be able to access portal/module tool pages if they have the direct URL
- Database document folders can now be renamed to a previously named folder without generating an error message that the folder already exists
- The check in date of a portal document now properly reflects the check in time
- Portal Text Editors(PTE) in a tabbed island will display text properly (links were previously displaying differently on a tabbed island, than a PTE on a page)
- Alert popups now work as expected when users are utilizing IE 11 with Windows 7 OS
- An application pool recycle is no longer needed for new users to be able to access database documents
- Island Actions (edit, manage island, etc.) will validate user permissions if trying to access directly by URL
- Employee Directory island will no longer throw an error if a user has been deleted in Active Directory
- Following/Unfollowing will no longer duplicate the Additional Info on the user profile page
- Re-importing a layout that contains a badly formatted path will no longer delete the portal files
- Popup alert box will not flash when alerts have been dismissed/deleted
- Image link on Upload Documents has been fixed
- Mapped network document tags are now retained
- Adjusting permissions on top level database document folders will no longer lock the portal
- Resolved an error regarding notifications in the log files
- Button island links are now referenced properly
- The portal will no longer error for all users if a theme is deleted that has been set as the global default
- The cropped image for a user profile can now be removed from the portal & no longer requires SQL access to be removed in order to add another image
- Page and workgroup templates will now carry over content height of portal text editor (PTE) islands
- Copied pages with background images can now be replaced without having to access SQL to clear out the image
- Page copy time out error has been resolved
- Resolved an error caused by no navigation with the dropdown toolbar active
- Updated newton.json dll file
- Resolved Issue: If a database document is moved to a new folder AND you delete the original folder, the moved document will NOT be deleted.