Are you trying to search for a document by a specified tag, or file name, and not getting any results?
The problem is probably DT Search. There are three different steps to try to get this working.
1. Check and see if it is running in the Task Scheduler, and at what frequency.
The task scheduler on the server where your OnSemble installation is located can by found by searching "Task Scheduler" from your start menu. The first thing to check is, does this task exist and is it running?
2. No, its not in there and its not running.
To add DT Search in the scheduler, right click "Task Scheduler Library" and select "Create Task"
- Once the create task prompt pops up, name it "DT Search", and select the "triggers tab". Press "New" on the bottom left of this tab, and set up the schedule to run at the desired frequency (Typically once daily), and then press OK.
- Next, Select the Action Tab. The action you'll want to do is "start a program" which should be the default option selected, and push "browse" to find the scheduler. (DRIVE:\Program Files\Passageways\Services\dtSearchIndexer) Press OK.
- Don't worry about Conditions or Settings, this should be all you need to do. Press OK, and verify that it is running.
- To double check that its working properly, double click the action, and push "History". This should show you that the scheduler has run and that there have been no errors.
3. Its there, but its not working.
If the scheduler is there, but does not seem to be working, make sure its actually on. if its on, and still not working, double click the task, and look for errors in History. its possible that it is referencing a file that is no longer available.
If its still not working from here,
- Find the web.config
- opening it with notepad as administraor
Find the following-
<allow users="puser" />
<deny users="*" />
Replace <allow users="some user name" /> with <allow users="*" />
<allow users="*" />
Run the scheduler again directly from the Program Files\Passageways\Services\dtSearchIndexer directory. If it shows that it's indexing documents, it is working. If it opens and closes immediately, it's still not working.
From here, if it is still not working,
- open the PortalDocumentIndexer.exe.config
- verify that the correct Portal URL and index path are being used.