This article is a guide on how to install Lobby Management from Expressway and migrate your existing recognition information over to the new application.
We highly recommend that you contact Passageways Technical Support for assistance in installing Lobby Management 6.1 from Expressway if Lobby is currently in use within your portal.
Installations of Lobby Management in the past have been done manually. These have traditionally been installed to the folder Modules\CS_LobbyManagement and have a database named Prefix_CS_LobbyManagement. The names may also be CS_Lobby or a variation thereof.
The Expressway installation will have the Module name as LobbyManagement and the database named Prefix_LobbyManagement. This will prevent it from overwriting any existing installation of Lobby currently existing on a portal before migration can be completed.
1. Run Expressway
2. Select to install Lobby Management on the portal entitlement.
3. Let the install run. This will get Lobby Management onto the portal.
4. The next step is to migrate data over from the existing installation to the new installation. The attached file has scripts to move the data over. Replace the names of the databases as shown at the top of the file if they are named differently. There are three databases to change: the new Lobby Management, the old Lobby Management, and the current portal framework.
4a. Run the scripts to perform the update. Make sure you are using the correct Learning Management databases as specified at the top of the script file. Look at the existing module.configs or under Module Tools -> Lobby Management -> About Module if there is any confusion.
Check for any errors in the SQL database when running the scripts. They will appear in red under the Messages tab. If any errors are received, please contact Passageways Consulting to resolve them.
5. Lobby Management has no files to move over so we can skip this step.
6. Open the old Module.config file in Modules\CS_LobbyManagement and the new Module.config in Modules\LobbyManagement
6a. Copy over values for all ModuleProperties except Connection String, GuagePicUrl (sic), NewVisitorSound, VisitorTimeWaitSound, and ReminderSound.
6b. Save the new config file.
7. Backup the old CS_LobbyManagement database. The database can then be deleted from the SQL server at your discretion.
7a. Navigate to the Modules folder. Zip up the folder for CS_LobbyManagement, and then delete the CS_LobbyManagement folder from the modules folder on the web server.
7b. Navigate to the bin folder. Delete the file Passageways.Consulting.Applications.LobbyManagement.dll.
8. Navigate to \Layouts\Banner Layouts\.
8a. For each folder that is a Lobby Banner layout, open the ascx file.
8b. Find the line at the top that says: <%@ Register Src="~/Modules/CS_LobbyManagement/UserControls/LobbyDashboard.ascx" and remove the highlighted CS_ part.
8c. Save the file.
It is important to remove the CS_LobbyManagement folder from the Modules folder. If it is left in there with the LobbyManagement installation, islands may not show the new islands.
To recap the process:
1-3. Install Lobby Management through Expressway
4. Run the SQL scripts to migrate data from old to new Lobby Management.
5. Nothing filewise to copy over.
6. Migrate the Module Properties to the new Lobby Management.
7. Cleanup the old Lobby Management.
8. Fix Lobby Banners.