This article is a guide on how to install Supply Order from Expressway and migrate your existing supply order information over to the new application.
We highly recommend that you contact Passageways Technical Support for assistance in installing Supply Order 6.1 from Expressway if Supply Order is currently in use within your portal.
Installations of Supply Order in the past have been done manually. These have traditionally been installed to the folder Modules\CS_SupplyInventory or Modules\CS_SupplyOrder and have a database named Prefix_CS_SupplyOrder. The names may also be CS_Supply or CS_SuuplyInventory, or a variation thereof.
The Expressway installation will have the Module name as SupplyOrder and the database named Prefix_SupplyOrder. This will prevent it from overwriting any existing installation of Supply Order currently existing on a portal before migration can be completed.
1. Run Expressway
2. Select to install Supply Order on the portal entitlement.
3. Let the install run. This will get Supply Order onto the portal.
4. The next step is to migrate data over from the existing installation to the new installation. The attached file has scripts to move the data over. Replace the names of the databases as shown at the top of the file if they are named differently. There are three databases to change: the new supply order, the old supply order, and the current portal framework.
4a. Run the scripts to perform the update. Make sure you are using the correct Supply Order databases as specified at the top of the script file. Look at the existing module.configs or under Module Tools -> Supply Order -> About Module if there is any confusion.
Check for any errors in the SQL database when running the scripts. They will appear in red under the Messages tab. If any errors are received, please contact Passageways Consulting to resolve them.
5. Supply Order product images are stored on the web server in the installation folder. On the web server, navigate to Modules\CS_SupplyInventory\ and look for the folder named ProductImages. Copy this folder.
5a. On the web server, navigate to Modules\SupplyOrder\ and paste the folder into here. Overwrite everything that comes up.
6. Open the old Module.config file in Modules\CS_SupplyInventory and the new Module.config in Modules\SupplyOrder
6a. Copy over values for SendProcessEmailOnlyToDepartment, SpecialMessageOnAlerts, InventoryUpdateAlert, and ProceedToCheckOutAlert from the old config to the new config.
6b. Process Roles, InventoryManager and AllowOrderingRoles will need to be copied over as well, but they may be Role IDs instead of Role Names. If they are Role Names, copy them over. If they are Role IDs, note them down, then go to the portal and get their Role Names. Add the Role Names to that ModuleProperty in the new config.
6c. Save the new config file.
After the scripts are run successfully, backup the old CS_SupplyInventory database. The database can then be deleted from the SQL server. Also zip up the folder for CS_SupplyInventory, and then delete the CS_SupplyInventory folder from the modules folder on the web server.
It is important to remove the CS_SupplyInventory folder from the Modules folder. If it is left in there with the Supply Order installation, going to alert settings will throw an error as they share Alert setting names.
See this article for the error referenced above.
To recap the process:
1-3. Install Supply Order through Expressway
4. Run the SQL scripts to migrate data from old to new Supply Order.
5. Migrate the images for the products over to the new Supply Order.
6-7. Make sure the images are working.