When a new banner, start page, or toolbar is created and assigned to the Employee role, sometimes it doesn't always show for some people. That can happen because individual preferences for layouts will override role layout assignments.
When this happens for layouts, there is an easy way to get everyone back on the same page:
1. Navigate to Portal Tools -> Manage Portal Framework -> Layouts Manager.
2. Go to the Assign Layouts Tab.
3. Choose your Layout you want to assign to everyone from the dropdown.
4. Click Add All >> to give everyone access to the toolbar.
5. Click OK. What this does is it will take everyone's individual assignments and set them to be this layout of that type instead of any other layout of that type. It will also set any roles in case of role precedence overriding the Employee role choice.
6. On the same screen after it shows the green bar across the top, click on << Remove All to remove everyone from the layout.
7. After removing everyone, Add > just Employee back to the right.
8. Click OK. Now no one has an individual layout set and only the role Employee has this layout set. Everyone should now have the same layout of this type.