Release Date: 6/4/2018
We highly recommend that you contact Passageways Technical Support for assistance in installing Management Blogs 6.1 from Expressway if Blogs are currently in use within your portal.
- Expressway Enabled
- This version of Blogs is the first version to be installed through Expressway. If you have an existing installation of Blogs, contact Tech Support so they can assist with migrating over any existing Blogs information to the new Blogs database.
- New Island – Management Blogs Focused Island
- The Management Blogs Focused island is an island that features just the middle section of the original Blogs island. The main Blogs island takes up a lot of room and almost demands a page by itself. With the Management Blogs Focused island, you only get the blog and nothing else, so you can easily squeeze it into a column on the side of your page for easy viewing.
- Ability to set a background image on a blog.
- When setting up or editing a blog category, you have been able to set a color. Now, right underneath that, you can tell it to use a Background Image instead. After checking the box, you can select an image, and decide whether it repeats on the X or Y axis.
- Hovering over the Likes (#) on a blog post will list the users who liked it.
- Copying pages with Blogs will now copy the blog that was assigned to the page.
- Blog owners shouldn’t get both an email for a comment made on their post and an email for being subscribed to their own blog for comments.
- Deactivated Users won’t show up in the Subscriber list.
- When looking at a Category on the Blogs island, the blog post list will show the newest blog posts at the top.
- Blog islands will no longer make the arrows in the navigation window disappear.
- Terms have been changed to be more uniform across the board.