If your organization needs to run the dtSearch Indexer manually to make new/updated documents available in search, the following steps will aid you in this process.
- Log on to your Portal's Web server
- Go to C:\Program Files\Passageways\Services\dtSearchIndexer (this path may be different, usually because it's been installed on a different drive)
- Right click on PortalDocumentIndexer.exe
- Click "Run as administrator" (if you are logged on with a Administrator account, you may skip this step)
- This will pop up the CMD window and start running the indexer
- The indexer will start counting up the number of documents on the last line of the window. This will run until complete, and the time is variable depending on the number of the documents in the portal
- Once the indexer is complete, the window will automatically close