If your organization needs to run the dtSearch Indexer manually to make new/updated documents available in search, the following steps will aid you in this process.
- Log on to your Portal's Web server
- Go to :\Program Files\Passageways\Services\dtSearchIndexer
(this path may be different, usually because it's been installed on a different drive)
- Right-click on PortalDocumentIndexer.exe
- Click "Run as administrator"
- This will pop up the CMD window and start running the indexer
- The indexer will start counting up the number of documents. This will run until complete, and the time is variable depending on the number of documents in the portal
- Once the indexer is complete, the window will automatically close