If the following modules are still being used within your portal, do not proceed with the updates!!
- Document List
- List of Links
- Meeting Packets
The modules listed above are no longer supported and will cause errors within the portal. Contact your CSM prior to completing the updates to review the steps necessary before the update can be applied. You can check if you're using these islands by following the instructions in this article.
Please review this webinar for more information on the 6.0 release.
Before Proceeding to Upgrade with Expressway
1. Run all Windows Updates and make sure the server has been restarted.
2. Review 6 Combined Release Information for enhancements and bug fixes.
3. Alert users that the portal will be inaccessible when applying the framework update. In most instances, the portal is still accessible when updates are being applied but they may experience intermittent latency or errors that are resolved upon refreshing the browser. Alerting the users prior to the updates will assist in keeping your internal help desks from being cluttered with portal issues, especially if the Framework update requires a server reboot.
Installing or Updating to PFW 6.0.2 using Expressway
1. Log on to the application server using the Portal's identity account (domain user, local admin on server) or another server administrator account.
2. Run Internet Explorer as an administrator (right click on Internet Explorer from Start Menu > Run as administrator).
3. Log into the Expressway Installer Website from the server. Make sure Microsoft Internet Explorer's Enhanced Security Configuration is not enabled.
4. Click on the "Run Expressway" link and follow the prompts. If you are unsure of how to proceed, please review the Expressway Installation Guide, which can assist you in installing/updating your portal or contact Technical Support for assistance (email@example.com or 765-535-1880 opt.1).
NOTE: If updating or installing on Server 2012, you may need to save the setup.exe to the desktop of the server, right click and select "Run as Administrator".
5. If this is a new installation, dialogues will appear to assist in gathering information about your server. This information will be saved for future Expressway runs.
6. You will be presented with a list of your portal(s) to select, as well as select individual modules for updates. Select the check box to the left of the portal you wish you install/update. If you click on the status "Ready to Install" or "Ready to Update" link, you can view the available updates.
7. After clicking next, your installation will verify the portal files and SQL tables. If your installation does not pass file or SQL validation, please contact Technical Support!
7a. Clicking next one additional time will begin the upgrade.
7b. Complete the wizard and your portal upgrade will be complete.
***If the update fails at any point and rolls back, please contact Technical Support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 765-535-1880 option 1.
Post Update Checklist
1. Verify Alert Preferences are set appropriately.
Please contact Tech Support if the islands do not display properly after updating.