Release Date: November 28, 2016
Calendars and Reservations have both been updated with new designs, aimed at making them more user friendly. Events and Reservations can be added by simply selecting the time block in the calendar, the same way those features are handled in Outlook. Reservation items can now be selected as you are creating a calendar event, and reservation items are now permission-based so administrators can control which items are available by workgroup, role, or user. This permits administrators to create reservation items and to make them available only when they are ready.
This update includes the new Connector for Outlook. Whether you are using Microsoft Exchange or Office 365, reservation items can now be linked directly to an Outlook Resource. Connect for Outlook will enable users to create a meeting in Outlook, use the scheduler to add attendees, and it will all automatically sync to the reservation calendar in OnSemble. And when you add a reservation from OnSemble, it will automatically sync to the reservation calendar in Outlook.
- Calendar email notifications now use the admin email address in the From field instead of the 'workgroup name + Calendar'
- Compatibility mode is not longer required to close the event window.
- When a member is removed from a workgroup they will no longer get calendar notifications.
- Workgroup assistant managers are now available to be selected as event managers.
- Calendar signups will no longer disappear when the location of the event series is changed.
- Calendar event signups now paginate so more than 500 results will show.
- Calendars may be subscribed to if the subscription name has an ampersand in the title.
- The consolidated view of the calendar will no longer show deactivated workgroups.
- Email notifications for calendar edits have been changed so that the email subject displays the name of the calendar first, then the name of the event.
- You may now double click on a calendar to add an event when the page has been made public.
- Shared email addresses will no longer cause alerts to come from the wrong user.
- Calendar subscription names may be changed.
- Calendar date pickers should work with all module islands.
- When downloading a calendar event in a different timezone than the server, the event will now be the local timezone.
- Downloading a series of a recurring group event will add all instances to Outlook, not just a single occurrence.
- An error should no longer be thrown when a single occurrence of a recurring event is edited.
- Waiting list users will no longer receive alerts that should only go to the signed up users.
- Signed up users will no longer receive alerts when other users are edited.