1. Log on to the SQL server containing the portal's databases.
2. Run the following script on the Passageways framework database and make sure it does not error. The database may be called Production_Portal_PortalFx or Passageways, if you are an older customer.
select Employee=substring(isnull(FirstName,'') + ' ' + isnull(LastName,''),1,30) , PW.login
from PWUser PW where Activated = 1 and lastName > '' order by LastName
3. Go into Tools -> Options
4. Click on the + next to Query Results, and then next to SQL Server, and click on Results to Text
5. In the Output format, change the value to Custom delimiter
6. In the Custom delimiter, put a carat (^)
7. Click OK to exit this screen
8. Open up a new query window.
9. Copy/Paste the query that you ran earlier and checked over into this new window. We need to do this because the options we just set won’t take effect in that window, only new ones.
10. Locate the Results to File button and click it. Execute the Search.
11. In the window that pops up, name the file appropriately.
12. Open the file to make sure it is carat (^) delimited.
13. Download the file or email it to yourself from the server.
14. Open Excel, then the file, delimited on carat (^)