Important information regarding this update:
- The update requires Portal Framework version 5.0.4 due to updates contained in that version.
- This update requires all users to update their EIM client. The 22.214.171.124 client will no longer work with this update applied.
Release Date: 03/18/16
Purpose of Release: EIM 5.0 streamlines the adminstration process, as well as add new features to end users.
- The Admin console has been removed and all settings can be managed from within the portal!
- There is no need to stop/start a service when users or workgroups are added/removed. The client will automatically update.
- Messages can be sent to offline users. They will see the messages upon logging back in to the client.
- Historical messages can be loaded from the client as well as an island has been added to the portal for users to view their past messages.
- Sound notifications have been added and are configurable from the client for when users sign in/out, a message is sent.
- Alert preferences can now be adjusted from the client, including the following:
- Number of times the window will flash
- Small chat popup alert
- Users added to a conference can see the entire conversation, even if messages are sent prior to them accepting the invitation.
- Workgroups can now be hidden from the client.
- A new conversation can be started from the client chat window.
- Users can be signed in to the client on multiple machines.
- Conversation can be launched from the user's profile within the portal or from search results and will display the user's current status.
- Chat colors can be configured.
- Sending screenshots will no longer occasionally crash the client.
- Conferences will no longer crash the client.
- Users added to a workgroup by role will now show properly in the client.
- Client restarts are no longer necessary when a new organizational away message is added.
- File transfer log now captures the transfer.