Before Proceeding to Upgrade with Expressway
1. Run all Windows Updates and make sure the server has been restarted.
2. Review dtSearch 5.0.1 Release Information for enhancements and bug fixes.
Installing or Updating to PFW 5.0 using Expressway
1. Log on to the application server using the Portal's identity account (domain user, local admin on server) or another server administrator account.
2. Run Internet Explorer as an administrator (right click on Internet Explorer from Start Menu > Run as administrator).
3. Log into the Expressway Installer Website from the server. Make sure Microsoft Internet Explorer's Enhanced Security Configuration is not enabled.
4. Click on the "Run Expressway" link and follow the prompts. If you are unsure of how to proceed, please review the Expressway Installation Guide, which can assist you in installing/updating your portal or contact Technical Support for assistance (email@example.com or 765-535-1880 opt.1).
NOTE: If updating or installing on Server 2012, you may need to save the setup.exe to the desktop of the server, right click and select "Run as Administrator".
5. If this is a new installation, dialogues will appear to assist in gathering information about your server. This information will be saved for future Expressway runs.
6. You will be presented with a list of your portal(s) to select, as well as select individual modules for updates. Select the check box to the left of the portal you wish you install/update. If you click on the status "Ready to Install" or "Ready to Update" link, you can view the available updates.
7. After clicking next, your installation will verify the portal files and SQL tables. If your installation does not pass file or SQL validation, please contact Technical Support!
7a. Clicking next one additional time will begin the upgrade.
7b. Complete the wizard and your portal upgrade will be complete.
***If the update fails at any point and rolls back, please contact Technical Support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 765-535-1880 opt1.
NOTE: Sometimes after applying the dtSearch update, the installer will display a message asking to restart the server now or later to apply the updates. Selecting either option will not reboot the server. The installer may show a status that the updates rolled back and were not applied if the update takes a long time to process. You can verify if the updates were applied by re-running Expressway and checking the available updates.
Post Update Checklist
1. Verify the dtSearch scheduled task is executing properly. Most organizations have this scheduled task to run nightly. If no Document Search results are returned, please check that the scheduled task is configured correctly, run the task, and contact Passageways Technical Support if results are still not received.
If you purchase the Connect for SharePoint module, an addition must be made to the dtSearch indexer config file so SharePoint documents will be added to the index list, and searchable within the Portal.
The config, usually located here- drive:\Program Files\Passageways\Services\dtSearchIndexer\PortalDocumentIndexer.exe, should look like the following with your Portal's information.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<section name="WebsitesToIndex" type="Passageways.Modules.dtSearch.Indexer.IndexerPropertyManager, PortalDocumentIndexer" />
<add UniqueNameNoSpaces="Portal" PortalUrl="http://PortalURL/" IndexPath="C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Passageways\Modules\dtSearch\Index\" Domain="DOMAIN" Username="IdentityUser" Password="Password" ServerFilters="sharepointsite, orgname365.sharepoint.com, sharepoint2013" CreateDebugFile="false" />
<add key="TempSpiderPath" value="C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Passageways\Modules\dtSearch\Index\" />
**If after running the indexer, search results are not showing in the portal, make sure the webconfig looks like the following:
-At the bottom of the webconfig, you will see a location tag that should look like this:
<allow users="DOMAIN\Username" />
<deny users="*" />
You MUST have a specified username in the allow users tag or the indexer will not work for SharePoint documents. A * will not work as it does in the deny tag.