Before Proceeding to Upgrade with Expressway
1. Run all Windows Updates and make sure the server has been restarted.
2. Review Dashboards 5.0 Release Information for enhancements and bug fixes.
3. Alert users that the portal will be inaccessible when applying the framework update. In most instances, the portal is still accessible when updates are being applied but they may experience intermittent latency or errors that are resolved upon refreshing the browser. Normally the portal will only be down for 15-20 seconds. Alerting the users prior to the updates will assist in keeping your internal help desks from being cluttered with portal issues.
Installing or Updating to Dashboards using Expressway
1. Log on to the application server using the Portal's identity account (domain user, local admin on server) or another server administrator account.
2. Run Internet Explorer as an administrator (right click on Internet Explorer from Start Menu > Run as administrator).
3. Log into the My Software Website from the server- https://mysoftware.passageways.com
4. Click on the "Run Expressway" link and follow the prompts. If you are unsure of how to proceed, please review the Expressway Installation Guide, which can assist you in installing/updating your portal or contact Technical Support for assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-535-1880 opt.1).
NOTE: If updating or installing on Server 2012, you may need to save the setup.exe to the desktop of the server, right click and select "Run as Administrator".
5. If this is a new installation, dialogues will appear to assist in gathering information about your server. This information will be saved for future Expressway runs.
6. You will be presented with a list of your portal(s) to select, as well as select individual modules for updates. Select the check box to the left of the portal you wish you install/update. If you click on the status "Ready to Install" or "Ready to Update" link, you can view the available updates.
7. After clicking next, your installation will verify the portal files and SQL tables. If your installation does not pass file or SQL validation, please contact Technical Support!
7a. Clicking next one additional time will begin the upgrade.
7b. Complete the wizard and your portal upgrade will be complete.
***If the update fails at any point and rolls back, please contact Technical Support by emailing email@example.com or calling 765-535-1880 opt1.
Post Update Checklist:
1. Verify visualizations are displaying in the Portal.
If they do not display, check that there is a mime type on the website for Silverlight.
Please see this article for more information on how to add the Silverlight mime type to a website.
2. The following text should be added to every theme's CSS file for visualizations to be displayed on the Carousel island.