Purpose of Release:
We are excited to announce a significant improvement to the look and feel of the portal. With this update you will be able to easily resize and rearrange your portal islands. Using drag and drop and a grid with ‘snap to’, ‘bring to front’ and ‘send to back’ capabilities you will be able to easily make rich and powerful pages. In addition, we have introduced the ability to turn off island skins and define an island background color, resulting in a cleaner looking page.
Release Date: August 19th, 2015
- SQL 2014 is now supported
- Image Island
- Images can be easily added with text and link combinations
- Carousel Island
- Images may be added with text and links
- User Profiles may be added and specific profile fields can selected to display
- Rotation interval can be changed per island instance (in seconds)
- Islands can now be moved around freely, re-sized, and are no longer dependent on page layouts
- Spacing between Islands is now completely up to you and can be different on every page. No more restrictions.
- Grid can be toggled on and off to make alignment of islands on the page easier
- Islands can now overlay one another and islands can be selected to focus from front to back
- Islands can now be set to a primary or secondary color allowing multiple colors to easily be used on a page
- All islands are now in alphabetical order when selecting islands for a page
- The Actions button is now a cog/gear.
- The Actions button can be customized from the back-end theme. Five icons have been included to get you started: White Cog, White Cog Small, Black Cog, Black Cog Small, White "Hamburger" Menu
- The Actions button is hidden for users who do not have edit page permissions
- The Actions button displays the island menu, rather than redirecting to the menu page
- Islands can be deleted from the Actions button. The Recycle bin is gone!
- Island titles can be changed by clicking the island title, rather than through the island menu actions
- Island title bar can now be configured to be transparent and to show only on hover-over easily from the back-end theme.
- The List island automatically updates when new documents are added to folders that have been added to display on the island
- Document history/version information can be seen from the List island and specific fields may be selected to display
- Document fields can now be configured to show only the information of of your choice
- List Island Icons are smaller to make a more consolidated and better looking list
Portal Text Editors (PTEs)
- Default font and size can be set for the Portal Text Editor islands
Birthday & Anniversary Islands
- Birthday and Anniversary islands now have the option to be work group specific from island actions
- The Anniversary island can be filtered by month, like the Birthday island
- The Anniversary island is now sorted by date, rather than years of service
- The Activity Feed island can now be re-sized and is scrollable to see all content
Portal Framework Settings
- The browser tab title may now be changed safely and within the Portal
- 2 island background colors may now be set.
- 1 primary and 1 secondary color. Colors can also be set to transparent
- Users, with edit permissions, can select between the 2 background colors from the island Actions
- The "Public Pages" text can now be changed from within the Portal
- Phone extensions are now included in the standard Employee Directory search option
- Island frames can be globally turned on/off from within the Portal
- All Portal icons have been updated
- Passageways Resources have been updated to reflect our new Support Center, Community, Education and Training category, and Product Feature Ideas
- The navigation can now be set to be collapsed globally from within the Portal
- Themes users can choose no longer needs to be added manually to the web.config
- User Profile island now displays fields using Active Directory providers
- Copying pages with tabbed islands now copy content correctly
- Portal Text Editor buttons, bold and underline, now display properly when set in the style sheet
- The last item in a List island can now be successfully removed
- When a user profile island is added to a page and the user set on the island does not have a profile picture uploaded, the image will no longer display the current user viewing the page profile picture.
- On the list island, the preview was not functioning correctly and has been removed.
For current known issues: Take a look at our Known issues list.
Watch the Webinar here: OnSemble 5.0