**Before you start this process, you will need to have the new URL listed as a new DNS entry.**
These changes are made on the portal’s application server.
- Web Config
‘Ctrl+f’ and search for ‘applicationroot’. Change tag to the new URL.
<settings administratorEmail="firstname.lastname@example.org" applicationRoot="http://passageways/"
Verify this setting change is reflected within the portal by going to Portal Tools > Manage Portal Framework > Portal Framework Settings > System Configuration section > Application Root field.
- IIS Binding
IIS - Expand the websites, right click on the portal website and then ‘Edit Bindings’, select the binding and then edit to change to the new URL
NOTE: If adding a certificate, make sure to select the SSL certificate and the IP Address (if necessary) are selected in the drop downs.
- Agent Config - Update the URL in the pwagentsvc.exe.config (usually located here C:\Program Files\Passageways\Services\Agent).
Open the config file and go to the bottom of file, edit the address within the <client> tag. NOTE: If you’re adding a certificate, make sure to change to https and FormsSecurityWithSSL or WindowsSecurityWithSSL.
<endpoint binding="basicHttpBinding" contract="Passageways.Portal.Agent.IAgentCallback" name="PassagewaysCallbackEndpoint" address="http://passageways/Services/AgentCallback.svc" bindingConfiguration="FormsSecurityNoSSL" />
Restart the Passageways Portal Agent Service.
- DtSearch Config- Update the URL in the PortalDocumentIndexer.exe.config (usually located here C:\Program Files\Passageways\Services\dtSearchIndexer).
Open the config file and change the ‘PortalUrl’ line to reflect new URL.
<add UniqueNameNoSpaces="Passageways" PortalUrl="http://passageways/" IndexPath="C:\DTSearch" Domain="Passageways" Username="pwuser" Password="P@$$W0rD" CacheDocuments="true" CreateDebugFile="true" />
- EIM- Locate the serversettings.config file under the modules folder and update the URL within the file. Typically the file location can be found here Drive:\inetpub\wwwroot\Production Portal\Modules\InstantMessenger\Server\serversettings.config
- Note: Users will need to update their EIM client settings as well.
- Custom Navigation Nodes- Make the appropriate URL changes in this config file located at the root of the Passageways folder. These links are not generated by Passageways and will vary by customer. Very few portals on version 6.0+ will have this file.
7. Any Layouts (such as Banners and Toolbars) may also have links to the portal coded in them. It would be good to double check any Layout files in use by the portal to be sure to change these as well. Normally these will be located in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Production Portal\Layouts\
Take backups of the following databases:
- There are two files attached to this article on the right.
- If you are on version 6.3 or lower, download Ver 6.3 URL change scripts.docx
- If you are on version 7.1 or higher, download Ver 7.1 URL changes scripts.docx
- Run each script on the Database that it is titled under.
For example, the Script under announcements would be run on the announcements database.
- After you run all the scripts, recycle the application pool.