It is recommended that you contact Passageways Technical Support to apply this update. Please email email@example.com or call 765-535-1880 opt. 1 to schedule the update.
Attention: Portal Framework 184.108.40.206 is required! Please be sure your Portal Framework is on this version or higher before continuing.
Change Vendor Banner
In the previous version of Vendor Management you may have been using a special Vendor Banner Layout which trigger the Vendor Management alerts. This banner cannot be used with this version of Vendor Management.
1. Verify if a Vendor Banner Layout is installed and being used
a. In the portal browse to Portal Tools, Manage Portal Framework, Layouts Manager
b. Select the Assign Layouts tab and click the 'Select Layouts' dropdown
c. If there is not a Portal Banner named 'Vendor Portal Banner' then skip steps 2 and 3 (the name of the banner may differ for your installation but it should contain the word Vendor)
2. Unassign all Users from the Vendor Banner Layout and reassign the Default Banner Layout or other Banner Layout of your choice
3. Delete the Vendor Banner Layout from the server
a. On the portal server browse to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\passageways\layouts\Banner Layouts
b. Locate the folder named 'Vendor Banner' (the name of the folder may differ for your installation)
c. Delete this folder
Vendor Island Changes
In the previous version of Vendor Management there were three Vendor Management Islands. These islands will no longer exist and have been replaced with two new Vendor Management Islands. All existion Vendor Management Islands will be removed during the update process. You may want to take note of any islands containing these pages so that the new ones can be added later.
Running Live Update
1. Log onto the portal server using a user with local administrator rights.
2. In your web browser, visit the Support Center and sign in with your Support Center Account.
3. Go to the Portal Administrator Center, click the Live Update icon.
Related KB: How to Update Your Portal Server Using Live Update
4. Apply Vendor Management Module 220.127.116.11 and save the Manual Task to your desktop or any location of your choice.
5. Complete all Manual Tasks listed below.
Manual Tasks - Run SQL Script
Service packs or patches may include manual tasks that Live Update cannot complete automatically but are necessary for the update to work correctly. These manual tasks are typically SQL scripts that need to be run against the appropriate database. Details of the manual tasks are listed below.
1. Apply Vendor Management Service Pack 18.104.22.168 SQL Script in SQL Server Management Studio
a. Backup the VendorManagement Database
b. Open the sql script, VendorManagementModule_4100_UpdateScript.sql, saved in step 4 above
c. Select the VendorManagement database and run the query
Configure New Module Property
1. In the portal browse to Module Tools, Vendor Management, Module Properties
2. Select the UploadFilesPath property and copy the value
3. Select the VendorLogoPath property and paste the value from step 2
4. Change 'UploadedFiles' to 'VendorLogos'
Activate New Vendor Management Islands
1. In the portal browse to Module Tools, Vendor Management, Island Access
2. Select 'Browse Vendors' in the Island Dropdown and then click View Permissions
3. Select the role to give access to and then click Save Permissions
4. Select 'My Vendors' in the Island Dropdown and then click View Permissions
5. Select the role to give access to and then click Save Permissions
Set Vendor Management Permissions
Vendor permissions have changed significantly in this upgrade. You will need to use the Manage Permissions to to assign permissions by role/user for each Vendor.
Delete Old Vendor Managment Islands from Portal Framework Database
1. Backup the Passageways Database
2. Open a new query and run the following script on the Passageways Database
deletefrom PWPageIslands where islandid like'%Vendor%'
Vendor Management Alerts
To enable Expiration and Renewal reminders in the Vendor Management module an additional exucutable needs to be installed on the portal server. This executable will need to be set up as a scheduled task to run daily to ensure relationhip managers are getting the expected alerts. Please contact Passageways Support for this installation.
After upgrading, the new version requires you to configure risk classifications for each vendor again as there are many new features related to risk classifications and how they are calculated. While it is recommended that you go through and reconfigure risk classifications for each vendor, if you would like your previous risk classifications to be migrated over free of charge, please contact Passageways Support and we will be happy to assist you in moving that information over into the new version.
Note: Service pack updates will not work correctly if sql scripts are not applied immediately or result in errors. If errors occur please keep a copy of the errors and contact Passageways Support immediately by calling 765-535-1880 opt1.