Purpose of Release
Help Desk 4.3 seeks to improve My Help Desk Requests load speeds under certain circumstances that include a large number of drop-downs and drop down options. Time has been spent focusing on ensuring that performance stays intact as you expand the size of the help desk.
In addition to these changes, we have also made some minor bug fixes and provided some visual congruency within the module. Please read the notes carefully to get a sense for these changes. A visual comparison is available in these notes to help understand the changes.
- Alphabetized technician and requestor drop downs on My Help Desk Requests filter drop downs.
- Changed default filter for status on My Help Desk Requests to “Open” from “Any Status”.
- Added a default action when clicking on help desk in the Manage Help Desks admin tool.
- Added proper recognition for carriage returns when adding journal entries.
- Improved performance of My Help Desk Requests when a large number of drop downs with a large number of options are selected for display.
- When moving work orders from one help desk to another, required fields are now indicated by a red star.
- Replaced several gif icons with their transparent png equivalent.
- Added disabled grayscale icons for several buttons when they are not available to click.
- Added drop down menus to configure help desks admin tool.
- Added validation when adding custom fields in the configure help desks admin tool.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a copy of a work order to appear in the target help desk when moving, even if the action is not finished.
- Fixed several bugs that would result in work orders being duplicated or added in an inconsistent state.
- Fixed a bug that would result in receiving an error when moving work orders but still move the work order.
- Fixed a bug that would result in a timeout when exporting a help desk.
- Fixed a bug where carriage returns were not displaying properly in comment fields.
- Fixed a bug where the selected default help desk would not display automatically on a My Help Desk Request Island.
- Fixed a bug where the toolbar buttons on the View Workorder page would be enabled at inappropriate times
- Fixed a bug where the field values of a work order would be reset during a move, if any of the new field values failed validation
- Fixed a bug that caused a yellow page during an unexpected move work order operation
- Fixed a bug in notifications for moved work orders that prevented complete and accurate custom field values from being included in the notification.