Help Desk Module v4.4.0 Release Information
Purpose of Release
Release Date: September 15th, 2014
The Help Desk module update contains multiple enhancements and bug fixes to make ticket handling a smoother process.
- The ability to Search by Subject or Help Desk ID has been added to the Help Desk Islands.
- When deleting a Help Desk, a confirmation message was added to help prevent accidental deletions of an entire Help Desk.
- Comments can now be added at the time a ticket is moved to another help desk.
- Comments can now be added to closed tickets without having to reopen them first.
- Attachments can now be added, changed or removed when editing a ticket.
- Help Desk notifications were improved:
- Alerts contain the Help Desk name in the alert subject
- Alerts indicate the information modified
- Pop-up alerts will open the work order in a new browser window
- A new Help Desk Reporting tool has been added to provide additional filtering and exporting option. Help Desk tickets can now be filtered by Custom Fields, columns can be easily sorted, comments are available to export, etc.
- Tickets now default from newest to oldest on the My Help Desk Requests Island.
- Users permanently deleted from the portal will no longer cause errors on Help Desk islands, when trying to access tickets that these deleted users have made some kind of action upon a ticket, or when exporting these tickets.
- Owners of a Help Desk can now see tickets without being assigned as a Technician to the Help Desk.
- Permissions are now enforced properly when accessing tickets directly via URL.
- Option to alert/not alert the ticket submitter now function properly when closing a Help Desk ticket.
- Alerts will no longer be sent to deactivated users.
- Comment alerts will be sent to the Requestor, and all Help Desk Technicians, if no Technician is assigned to the ticket.
- Comment alerts will now be sent when there is a custom drop down list field on the ticket submission form.
- Users with accented characters in their name will no longer display as HTML in drop down lists.
- Alphabetical sorting of the Requestor & Technician columns now displays correctly.
- Moving a ticket to another Help Desk with the same custom field drop down values, but with different capitalization, will no longer throw an error.
- Selected columns to display on the My Help Desk Request Island will now display correctly.
- Comment alerts now include a hyperlink back to the ticket.
- Owners of a Help Desk can once again see the tickets in the Help Desk when no Technicians are assigned to the Help Desk.
- Filling in a required date field before attaching a file will no longer cause the ticket submission to fail.
- If the Select Item Text for a Help Desk drop down field is the same as a value in that drop down, selecting the value and trying to submit the help desk request will no longer throw an error.
- When no default date is set, the Date Due field will no longer display 1/1/1753 on the My Help Desk Requests Island.
- Having a My Help Desk Requests or My Submitted Help Desk Request Island on a page with a My Group Announcements Island will no longer break the calendar filter.
Post Update Checklist:
1. Check Alert Preferences