Purpose of Release
Form Builder Module v4.10.0 is a significant upgrade and overhaul of the existing system. This update's focus covers almost every major facet of the Form Builder Module.
· Alerts have been completely reworked. Notification options are now available in your “My Settings”.
· Significant changes have been made to the My Forms Island and the Forms Library Island to improve performance.
· Forms Library Island has been rebuilt to make it easier to access sub-levels of form folders. The ability to move forms and folders around has been added. Navigate through existing forms has been simplified. Additional functionality is available on your right click based on the role you play for any give form, folder or library. In addition, after performing actions, the Form Library Island will now keep your place (activating / deactivating / completing forms / editing forms / changing properties)
· The My Forms Island has been significantly reworked. Tabs will now only appear if there are results for you to see and you are in the appropriate roles (i.e. Approve Forms). All grids have had their filters reworked so that data will display by default rather than having an empty island. All grids should now be more responsible to page changes. Erroneous options have been removed from the dropdowns and the dropdowns should now be easier to use.
· Aggregate results have been significantly reworked to provide both better exporting, viewing and access. They have been redesigned to be significantly faster to access and less confusing to interpret.
· Properties pages have been significantly redesigned. They are no longer contained in a pop-up and have been redesigned to be easier to use. The number of tabs has been reduced and much of the terminology has been spell checked and fixed. In addition, performance has been significantly improved when accessing properties.
· The Manage Form Libraries Administration Tool has also been reworked to be similar to the Forms Library Island.
· Validation has been added when applying changes to a form both at the field level and in the entire form.
· The form designer has been significantly reworked. The toolbar should now be more accessible regardless of layout chosen and be more readily available regardless of the size of the form.
· The designer should now be more responsible when building a form. Messages are displayed to let you know that you have successfully applied properties. It is no longer possible to complete, save a draft, or publish a form without passing validation. This will also ensure that work is not lost if validation fails.
· The form designer should now be usable in non-IE browsers.
Designer & Form Creation
· The toolbox will no longer float above the designer · Canceling form creation will no longer result in an error
· Draft forms may now be deleted properly
· The 3 column layout no longer pushes the control box off the screen
· Portal message boxes will no longer appear behind the toolbox
· Preview option now works for all layout types
· All inputs have been sanitized for html or other script injection
· Copying a form now works as intended and will no longer sometimes not copy
· Date Picker and Time Picker will no longer appear as Date/Time Picker when completing a form
· Forms that are saved as drafts will no longer show as submitted forms
· Forms submitted for supervisor approval will now always properly go to the users supervisor for approval
· A visual indicator has been added for required fields
· Form, Folder and Library Properties have been significantly improved for performance.
· Form properties will now allow you to save results permissions properly
· Form properties will now allow you to save form approvers properly
· Completing a submitting a form from the Forms Library will now properly show on the My Forms Island
· Incorrect results are no longer display on needing completion tab and submitted forms tab of the My Forms Island
· Uploaded forms are now distinguished from other forms on the Forms Library and have a different set of context menu options and properties
· When removing a form / folder / library owner from the portal permanently, an option is now available to reassign the owner of these items.
· Needing approval tab will now always display the correct dates
· You will no longer receive and error when distributing a form that requires supervisor approval
· Distributing a form multiple times will no longer create duplicate submissions
· It is no longer possible to distribute an inactive form
· Distributing a form where you are both an approver and supervisor will no longer provide unexpected results.
· Forms can no longer be deactivated by receivers of the form through a distribution.
· Duplicate alerts will no longer be sent
· Missing alerts will now send and have an option available in My Settings (deactivation, activation, publishing, approve required, distributions, form results and form completion)
· Module performance has been significantly improved.
· Numerous display bugs have been fixed including offset dropdown, stray portal message boxes, spelling and grammar, grids, tabs and more.
Form Builder Results
· In some form fields, if a value is not entered when the form was completed, the results of those fields may display 'system.object'. This can be easily prevented by always clicking the "Apply Changes" button in the properties of the Form Tool when the tool is added to a form during form created. If this does occur, the form can be corrected by editing the form from the Form Designer and clicking the "Apply Changes" button on the affected field. This will not correct previously submitted forms.
Form Designer Layouts with Header and Footer Columns
· When using either of the layouts with a single column at both the top and the bottom, the Form Designer only allows a Form Tool to be dragged into the top column of the form. Forms that were created with this format prior to this update can still be submitted.
Form Library Administrators are missing permissions after the update
· After the update Form Library Administrators may be missing Creators, Publishers or Users permissions unless they were the creator of the Form Library. Please contact email@example.com to help reset these permissions for you.
Email Results are being sent with no results
· If a user is set to receive emailed form results, they will get an email with no results in form fields.
·Form search results are not returned if searching for keywords to uploaded Forms.
NOTE: If the form is not activated, search results will not be returned. This is by design.
My Forms Island:
Pages with MyForms islands will throw a yellow screen for a user if:
-The user is listed as a form approver. (Supervisor approval does not cause this issue)
-The form was submitted by a user who has been permanently deleted from the portal.
-The form submitted is still awaiting approval.
Individual Results Tab:
Individual Results may list complete form multiple times
· If a user is a member of more than workgroup, role or individual that has been added to results permissions on a form, the results will be listed multiple times for that submitted form when the user visits the Individual Results tab.
Individual Results tab does not allow filtering
· In the previous version, filtering was allowed on the Individual Results tab. This is no longer an option and can result in many pages loading when navigating to the tab.
Needing Approval Tab:
Needing Approval tab Form Access
· The pagination on the Needing Approval tab only shows 10 forms needing approval. As the forms are approved/declined, more forms will populate the page.