Expense Reports Module 4.0.1 Release & Installation Notes
- Resolved a bug preventing Expense Reports from being installed fresh for the first time through Expressway.
This release and all future releases are Expressway exclusive. It is not available through Live Update!
Before Proceeding to Upgrade with Expressway
1. Run all Windows Updates make sure the server has been restarted.
Now you are ready to Proceed to Upgrade with Expressway
We recommend if you are using IIS 6, when launching Internet Explorer, right click the icon and select "Run as..." and uncheck the box labeled "Run this program with restricted access." If you are using IIS 7, when launching Internet Explorer, right click the icon and select "Run as Administrator". While not required, it may help prevent read/write issues that may occur during updating.
1. Log into the My Software Website from the server where you will perform the update at https://mysoftware.passageways.com.
2. Click on Run Expressway and follow the prompts. If you are unsure of how to proceed, please review the Expressway Installation Guide which can assist you in updating your portal or contact Technical Support for assistance.
3. If this is your first time running Expressway, some dialogues will appear to assist in gathering information about your server. This information will be saved for future Expressway runs.
4. You will be presented with a list of your installed portals that have been properly upgraded through Live Update. Select the check box to the left of the portal you wish to update. If you click on the status "Ready to Update" you can choose to select specific products you wish to update.
5. After clicking next, your installation will verify the files and SQL tables of your installation. If your installation does not pass file and SQL validation, please contact Technical Support!
5A. If your portal was installed prior to the launch of Expressway, you will be required to point to your portals Framework and Documents database. If you select the wrong database, you will fail validation.
6. Clicking next one additional time will begin the upgrade.***
7. Complete the Wizard and your portal upgrade will be complete
*** If the update fails at any point and rolls back, please contact Technical Support.
1. After the update please login to the the portal and verify that your expense reports receipts are still available. If they are not available you will need to change the module property 'ReceiptAttachmentsPath' to [root]\module\expensetracking\receiptAttachments.