Before moving forward with the EIM Server 188.8.131.52 Installation, check your server settings. If you currently have EIM on a 32 bit server, you can proceed with the upgrade by following the numbered steps below.
If you have EIM installed on a 64 bit server, there are a few more steps to take before the installation can take place.
- Take Backups of the EIM settings files and EIM SQL database
· Uninstall EIM 4.1. Delete the EIM_Server_EIM SQL Database
· Uninstall EIM 4.0.
· Make sure all program files are removed.
· Reboot the EIM server to clear the EIM Service from the machine.
· Run Expressway and install the EIM server
· Delete the EIM_Server_EIM SQL Database. Rename the previous EIM SQL database to EIM_Server_EIM
· Copy the settings from the old serversetting.config and eimadminconsolesettings.config to the new config files.
· Restart the EIM service
· Set the executables to run as administrator if necessary.
- Log onto the EIM server using a user with administrator rights.
- Running your web browser as an administrator, visit https://mysoftware.passageways.com using your Community account log in. If you don’t have an account, you can make one at https://community.passageways.com
- Click the Launch Expressway link.
- Run Expressway and follow the in application instructions.
-Select the portal to update from the licensing drop down. Click Next.
Why is my portal not showing up in the license list?
If the portal you are attempting to update is not visible in the list this is due to a clerical error on Passageways end. Please cancel your update and contact us immediately and we will resolve this for you immediately.
Why is my test/board/vendor portal not showing up in the license list?
Similar to the issue above, this is most likely because we do not have a physical record indicating that you have a test / board / vendor portal. Please cancel your update and contact us immediately and we will resolve this for you immediately.
1. A new version of the client will be placed in the install location. This client must be distributed to machines with existing installs. It will update the existing software on the client machine.
- File configuration change- With the new Active Directory Profile Field provider support, there are a couple additions to the ServerSettings.config file that need set.
*If you’re using AD Profile Field Providers for first and last name within the portal, you can now also enable this feature for EIM. This can be done by changing the <useAD> tag to true. It should look like the following:
<useAD> true </useAD>
The EIM service will need stopped and started following this change.