NOTE: It is recommended that you contact Passageways Technical Support to assist with this update. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 765-535-1880 opt.1 to schedule.
This release is Expressway exclusive. It is not available through Live Update!
If your portal was not installed with Expressway, you MUST make sure that there are no available updates left in Live Update! If there are, it is required to apply these updates before launching Expressway. click here
THIS RELEASE WILL DISABLE THE USE OF LIVE UPDATE WITH YOUR PORTAL!
Before Proceeding to Upgrade with Expressway
1. If your portal was not installed with Passageways Expressway, you MUST run LiveUpdate at this point to ensure that there are no remaining updates in Live Update before proceeding. Failure to do so will result in Expressway installing over your existing software. For information on running Live Update, please click here.
2. Install .NET 4.0 on the application server. The Microsoft installer can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851.
3. Run all Windows Updates make sure the server has been restarted.
4. Review the following list of consulting applications that will require an additional patch for compatiblity with Portal Framework 4.9. If you have any of these consulting applications, you will need to email email@example.com to arrange for the consulting team to apply a patch after upgrading to v4.9. Please include when you would like to run the 4.9 upgrade, which consulting application you have and if you are upgrading a test portal first. Also, please include a screenshot of the Framework Summary report to help identify any other compatibility issues with different module versions installed on your portal.
Custom Landing Page
Learning Management System
Now you are ready to Proceed to Upgrade with Expressway
We recommend if you are using IIS 6, when launching Internet Explorer, right click the icon and select "Run as..." and uncheck the box labeled "Run this program with restricted access." If you are using IIS 7, when launching Internet Explorer, right click the icon and select "Run as Administrator". While not required, itmay help prevent read/write issues that may occur during updating.
1. Log into the My Software Website from the server where you will perform the update at https://mysoftware.passageways.com.
2. Click on Run Expressway and follow the prompts. If you are unsure of how to proceed, please review the Expressway Installation Guide which can assist you in updating your portal or contact Technical Support for assistance.
3. If this is your first time running Expressway, some dialogues will appear to assist in gathering information about your server. This information will be saved for future Expressway runs.
4. You will be presented with a list of your installed portals that have been properly upgraded through Live Update. Select the check box to the left of the portal you wish to update. If you click on the status "Ready to Update" you can choose to select specific products you wish to update.
5. After clicking next, your installation will verify the files and SQL tables of your installation. If your installation does not pass file and SQL validation, please contact Technical Support!
5A. If your portal was installed prior to the launch of Expressway, you will be required to point to your portals Framework and Documents database. If you select the wrong database, you will fail validation.
6. Clicking next one additional time will begin the upgrade.***
7. Complete the Wizard and your portal upgrade will be complete
*** If the update fails at any point and rolls back, please contact Technical Support.
Post Update Verification
1. Verify your navigation tree has been updated by checking the location of the 'collapse navigation arrow". If it is still located on the right side as inidcated in the screenshot below your portal may not be fully up to date. Please contact Technical Support to manually apply a small set of files which will complete the update. This may happen in very rare cases due to a conflict in permissions preventing the installer from successfully deleting files before writing the new files.
When you load your portal for the first time in either Firefox, Chrome or Safari, if you see solid black bars over the buttons on your navigation, you will need to update your custom theme.
To do this, simply navigate to the installation directory of your portal. Navigate into the App_Themes folder. In the Default theme and copy the files PortalToolbarButton.skin and ToolbarClientButton.skin from the Default Theme folder to your custom theme folder. This will resolve the issue with the bars over your toolbar buttons!
3. If you are having an issue with mutliple tabbed islands' tabs disappearing when you hover over one, then perform the following: navigate to the installation directory of the portal and then to the App_Themes folder. Under the Default theme, right-click the jQuery folder and select Copy. Then go to each custom theme you have and paste this folder over the current jQuery folder that exists.