NOTE: It is recommended that you contact Passageways Technical Support to assist with this update. Please email email@example.com or call 765-535-1880 opt.1 to schedule.
**Special Note: Please make sure to review Discussion Module data migration options that are available with this upgrade before proceeding.
This release is Expressway exclusive. It is not available through Live Update! Please review all versions listed in step 3 below before proceeding.
Before Proceeding to Upgrade with Expressway
1. Consider your options for Portal Framework Conversations and Discussions module.
2. Review the following list of consulting applications that will require an additional patch for compatibility with Portal Framework 4.10.If you have any of these consulting applications, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for the consulting team to apply a patch after upgrading to v4.10. Please include when you would like to run the 4.10 upgrade, which consulting application you have and if you are upgrading a test portal first. Also, please include a screenshot of the Framework Summary report to help identify any other compatibility issues with different module versions installed on your portal.
Phone Listing or In/Out Board
***There is a known issue with the consulting application Phone Listing or In/Out Board where the Filter by Branch/Department does not get populated which also caused the 'Print List by Department' report to not work. This is being worked on. If you have this application, please contact Passageways Technical Support before upgrading so we can prepare an update to your Employee Directory application.***
3. Verify that all of Framework and all Modules are Expressway enabled be reviewing the versions listed below. If you find any versions that are earlier than the ones listed you will need to run LiveUpdate to get to these versions before running Expressway.
Portal Framework v4.8.1
Assigned Tasks v3.5.0
Expense Reports v4.0.0
Form Builder v4.1.0
Help Desk v4.1.0
Meeting Packet Creator v4.0.0
Microsoft Outlook v3.4.0
Read Receipt v4.1.0
Vendor Management v4.1.0
***If the version is above that listed here, apply those updates through Expressway****
4. Install .NET 4.0 on the application server. The Microsoft installer can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851.
5. Run all Windows Updates make sure the server has been restarted.
Now you are ready to Proceed to Upgrade with Expressway
We recommend if you are using IIS 6, when launching Internet Explorer, right click the icon and select "Run as..." and uncheck the box labeled "Run this program with restricted access." If you are using IIS 7, when launching Internet Explorer, right click the icon and select "Run as Administrator". While not required, it may help prevent read/write issues that may occur during updating.
1. Log into the My Software Website from the server where you will perform the update at https://mysoftware.passageways.com.
2. Click on Run Expressway and follow the prompts. If you are unsure of how to proceed, please review the Expressway Installation Guide which can assist you in updating your portal or contact Technical Support for assistance.
3. If this is your first time running Expressway, some dialogues will appear to assist in gathering information about your server. This information will be saved for future Expressway runs.
4. You will be presented with a list of your installed portals that have been properly upgraded through Live Update. Select the check box to the left of the portal you wish to update. If you click on the status "Ready to Update" you can choose to select specific products you wish to update.
5. After clicking next, your installation will verify the files and SQL tables of your installation. If your installation does not pass file and SQL validation, please contact Technical Support!
5A. If your portal was installed prior to the launch of Expressway, you will be required to point to your portals Framework and Documents database. If you select the wrong database, you will fail validation.
6. Clicking next one additional time will begin the upgrade.***
7. Complete the Wizard and your portal upgrade will be complete
*** If the update fails at any point and rolls back, please contact Technical Support.
Follow up Steps
There is a new alert preference that all users will need to set under their My Settings > My Preferences node in the navigation pane for Portal Framework Conversations.
*****If you receive an 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object' error when navigating to the My Settings > My Preferences node (or by going into a user's profile Portal Tools > Manage Users > User Manager > Editing a user's profile) after the Portal Framework update to v4.10, please email Passageways Support at email@example.com with the subject of the email stating,
'Object Reference error when navigating to alert settings/user profile after PFW 4.10 update' *****
- If the Conversations Node is not showing up in your Navigation Tree then you need to add this tag, <add name="ForumsLink" orderIndex="1" />, to the web.config in the Navigation/Order section.
<add name="HeadquartersLink" orderIndex="2" />
<add name="OrganizationalWorkgroupsLink" orderIndex="3" />
<add name="PublicPagesLink" orderIndex="4" />
<add name="ForumsLink" orderIndex="5" />
<add name="MyPagesLink" orderIndex="7" />
<add name="MyWorkgroupsLink" orderIndex="6" />
<add name="MyDocumentsLink" orderIndex="12" />
<add name="ToolsLink" orderIndex="10" />
<add name="ModuleAdministrationLink" orderIndex="9" />
<add name="HelpLink" orderIndex="15" />
<add name="ReportsLink" orderIndex="11" />
<add name="MySettingsLink" orderIndex="8" />
3. If the Conversations Node does not have an icon, then navigate to \App_Themes\Default\NavigationTreeIcons. Copy ForumsIcon.png. Navigate to any custom themes in the App_Themes folder. Paste the ForumsIcon.png into the NavigationTreeIcons folder. Then open the file NavigationTree.skin and add the following line after FolderOpenedIcon's line: ForumsIcon="NavigationTreeIcons/ForumsIcon.png"