Portal Framework 4.10.0
Discover what's included in this release!
Purpose of Release
This release contains a plethora of bug fixes that address issues with list islands, portal text editors, documents, navigation and more. Some of these fixes are quality of life changes to provide a consistency in display while others focus on some core use issues.
Features for this release can be found throughout the portal including changes to my preferences, documents, selection lists, system fields and security.
Finally a brand new bundled feature is being added called Conversations. This feature is dedicated to improving communication within your organization and will serve as a replacement for the Discussions Module.
Read on to learn more!
Product Manager, Employee Portal Suite
A new feature has been added to Portal Framework called Conversations. Conversations provides an all new opportunity for your organization to communicate and organize communication. We are excited for the flexibility it will lend to your various teams and groups and are looking forward to the different ways you will leverage it.
As a natural genesis of discussions, conversations represent a shift in design philosophy for the platform, specifically the separation of workgroup ownership and the concept of the product simply having the feature set with a full understanding of access control, permissions and auditing built in. This will allow us to expose web controls and API’s that automatically understand portal permissions and come equipped with audit trails.
A new node has been added to the navigation that serves as a “My Page” for conversations displaying only the conversation forums relevant to them.
Conversations admin tool also filters similar to a “my page”. If granted permission to the tool and not a member of the ‘Admins’ role the user will only see and be able to manage the conversation forums they are a moderator of. All audit trail reports follow the same access control.
- Folder security has been simplified for database document folders. When modifying permissions of a database folder, a new checkbox has been included that will let the user determine if this permission change should be propagated to all child elements. This should prevent the accidental reset of permissions on child elements when adding or removing members from the parent folder.
- An alert is now generated when someone comments on their status.
- A queuing system has been put in place for when alerts or e-mails are sent to a large number of users. This queuing system will prevent e-mail or alerts from timing out when sending using Exchange 2007 or 2010.
Anonymous File Access
- File identified by a location tag once again can be access anonymously.
Copy Page Shortcut
- Now copies the entire page URL.
- When searching for a page in the configure page redirect start page layout, the search has been updated to simply use a compare on the title of pages. This should provide a better experience in locating the proper page for your start page redirect.
- Items that are added to the list island may now be edited.
- An option has been added to each column to allow for the selection of all child check boxes in the column.
- Password regular expressions configured in the web.config are now applied to the password change form.
- A filter has been added similar to workgroup and user manager tools.
- Multiple items in the selection list may now be selected and added. By holding down control or shift you can select a number of items and simply click add to add them.
- Developers may now add validation rules to the selection list. This includes specifying a specific number of items that can be selected, a minimum number or a maximum number.
- First Name, Last Name, Email, Status and Supervisor fields may no longer be deleted.
- The toolbar button and toolbar client button now recognize the CssClass attribute.
- When deleting two mapped document folders in a row, a yellow page will no longer occur.
- Resolved a critical security flaw that allowed users to access any document from the portal when provided the URL.
Image & Document Handlers
- These handlers were using a method that was only compatible with IIS7. These have been modified to use a method that is compatible with IIS6.
- Blank entries are not properly validated.
- Updating the name of a portal page will now be reflected by the list island.
- Resolved a bug that would cause excessive load times when displaying a large number (20+) documents.
- Fixed a bug that caused a yellow page to be thrown when moving a page from a my workgroup to the organization workgroup.
- Fixed a bug that caused workgroups to display " " instead of the "&" symbol in their title.
- My Workgroups are now displayed in alphabetical order in outlook navigation.
Portal Text Editor
- The link to portal documents feature in PTE has been updated to react better to a very large number of documents.
- Fixed a bug that caused IE to crash when increasing the border width of a table.
- Fixed a bug that caused to crash when setting the border of an image to 0.
- Fixed a bug when selecting the "not signed in since the selected date on the calendar" option to show all users in the portal.
- The user drop down in the usage traffic report is now sorted.
- Fixed a bug that caused a yellow page to be thrown when going to the second page of the report.
Scheduler Web Control
- Fixed a bug where the web control was not properly validating.
- Resolved an issue that prevented thesaurus search to not search.
- When deleting comments from your profile, they will now stay deleted.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Work Phone field from showing on the user wall.
- The workgroup manager dropdown is now sorted alphabetically.