Purpose of Release
Portal Framework 4.11 is an incredibly ambitious release that seeks to significantly improve the performance of the portal, performance of utilizing active directory, improving the document experience (especially in relation to Live Edit), add some oft requested conversation features and much, much more.
- Deleted forums now remain visible on the Conversations “Manage Conversations” tool and display when they were deleted and by whom.
- Added the created on date to the “Manage Conversations” tool to the main portal grid
- Up to 50 Forums will now display on the Conversations page instead of the current 10.
- Added Conversation Search
- Added the ability to “Like” conversations
- Added activity feed items for conversations, these items will aggregate with each other similar to page and workgroup aggregation when conversations are posted in a short period of time
- Improved the add island page for non IE browsers including removing odd borders and improving the island counter
- If your portal uses Windows Integrated Authentication, the default page will be changed to PortalShell.aspx.
- In some configurations, if anonymous authentication is not enabled, it will be enabled by the installer. This will improve the experience for some customers. If your portal was on-boarded from Live Update this change may not be possible as some configuration information will not be available.
Users & Profiles
- Improved Employee Directory search to use cache when available if fields are set to use Active Directory
- Added the ability to deactivate or delete users based on their activation status in Active Directory
- These options have been added to Manage Portal Framework
- A daily schedule can be set
- This operation can be performed manually by clearing Portal Cache
- Increased the importance of active directory mapped fields in cache to reduce the likeliness of IIS prioritizing them for removal from cache first.
- Doubled the sliding expiration window for active directory fields in cache
Documents and Authentication
- Improved authentication implementation surrounding location tags
- Improved document security and access
- Enabled web services to be used in the rare occasion that an organization is using some type of mixed mode authentication
- Improved the message that is displayed when uploading a duplicate document
- Live Edit has been significantly reworked and will now work in a majority of environments. Please see associated documentation for a list of supported configurations and environments.
- Documents appearing on public pages will follow appropriate access based on what is configured in Portal Documents.
- All document links will no longer use the Document.ashx url.
- Implemented several performance metric tools that may be used to gauge different metrics such as loading user profiles and fields.
- Resolved a bug where the list island was loading the content of documents placed on the island. This will result in a significant performance increase for all customers.
- Resolved a bug that caused the manage folders page in manage portal documents to load slowly.
- Resolved a bug that caused slow load times when searching for a specific reader/writer in manage folders in manage portal documents.
- Resolved a bug that caused slow load times when creating new folders in manage portal documents.
- Conversations forums member count no longer include deactivate users
- Reduced the size of the conversations icon on the list island
- Reduced the number of requests to active directory in the user manager when using active directory profile fields
- Reduced the number of requests to active directory in the workgroup manager when using active directory profile fields
- Significantly reduced the number of requests to active directory when performing an employee directory search when using active directory profile fields
- Resolved several instances of the word “thread” where conversation should be instead
- Resolved a race condition that could result in profile fields (such as IsImOnline) to be unsafely cast
- Resolved a bug that resulted in “Show only Moderator Actions” in Conversations Audit Report to not work
- Resolved a bug that resulted in all moderator actions, even ones performed on their own posts, are shown the Conversations Audit Report
- Resolved a bug that prevented deleted forums from showing in the Conversations Audit Report “Forum” dropdown
- Resolved a bug that caused slow down when adding forums in the Manage Conversations tool.
- Resolved a bug that caused the grid menu column drop down to float away from the row on non IE browsers
- Resolved a bug that caused all PTE’s to not be able to display Times New Roman
- Resolved a bug that caused sporadic behavior when multiple grids are on the same page
- Updated the Modify User Profile page to use the correct tab container
- Resolved erroneous gray boxes that appeared on non IE browsers on various pages throughout the portal
- Resolved a bug that caused the layout manager tool to not have a default selected tab
- Resolved a bug that prevented opening a conversation from the corresponding notification
- Resolved a bug that caused conversations opened from the pop alert to be opened in the pop up alert
- Resolved a bug that caused the alert pop-up box to display erratically when there are more than 4 alerts in non IE browsers
- Resolved a bug that caused the conversations icon to not be shown in custom themes. There is now a default value if the theme does not have one defined.
- Resolved a bug that caused the portal agent to be installed with the webHttpBinding instead of the basicHttpBinding set for endpoints.
- Resolved a bug that caused the Portal Framework version to be displayed as 4.9 in programs and features instead of the actual version
- Resolved a bug that allowed for html and css injection when editing a text item on the list island
- Resolved a bug that resulted in a document returning a 404 if it was in a root folder that shared a name with a subfolder.
- The file Document.ashx will now enforce basic authentication and will be used exclusively by the DT Search Indexer.
- Fixed a bug that would not properly apply the access denied flag to documents you did not have access to that were added as links to the Portal Text Editor.
- .wmv files will be opened property in Windows 7 & IE