Help Desk v4.4.0 Release Now Available!
Release Date: September 15, 2014
We are excited to announce that the Help Desk 4.4.0 release is now available! We have included numerous enhancements and bug fixes that can be reviewed in our release notes.
Key Product Updates
The following products have been updated and are now available in this release. Portal Framework 4.12 is required for this version of Help Desk.
- The ability to Search by Subject or Help Desk ID has been added to the Help Desk Islands .
- When deleting a Help Desk, a confirmation message was added to help prevent accidental deletions of an entire Help Desk.
- Comments can now be added at the time a ticket is moved to another help desk.
- Comments can now be added to closed tickets without having to reopen them first.
- Attachments can now be added, changed or removed when editing a ticket.
- Help Desk notifications were improved
- A new Help Desk Reporting tool has been added to provide additional filtering and exporting option. Help Desk tickets can now be filtered by Custom Fields, columns can be easily sorted, comments are available to export and more!
- Users being deleted from the portal will no longer cause errors on the Help Desk Islands.
How To Get Updates?
- System Summary (Reports > Portal Framework > System Summary. Copy the blue section with version information)
- Portal to update (Production, Sandbox, etc)
- Date & time for update
- Server access contact
If Passageways is hosting your portal, we will be scheduling these updates soon. You will be notified as soon as the schedule is ready. If you would like your portal to be updated sooner you can email your request to email@example.com.
Sandboxes are Available
We strongly encourage all organizations to consider using a Sandbox, especially those customers with consulting applications. Many organizations are currently taking advantage of our Sandbox option to review, test, and educate their staff prior to a production update. For more information on Sandbox Portals, click here.
Education and Training Resources
Many resources are now available to guide you through the update.