Announcements v4.11.2 and Expense Reports v4.11.0 Releases are Now Available
We are excited to announce an update to both the Announcements and Expense Reports Modules. Our primary focus for the Announcements v4.11.2 release is to resolve issues introduced in the most recent update that are impacting our customers. For the Expense Reports Module, we focused on a few key enhancements to improve the approval process, as well as resolving issues that were the highest impacting.
Special Note: An update to address issues introduced with Portal Framework v4.12.0 is almost complete. We are targeting to release Portal Framework v4.12.1 by October 17th.
Announcements v4.11.2 Release Date: September 29, 2014
Key Product Updates
The following features have been updated and are now available in this release. Portal Framework v4.12.0 is required for this version of Announcements.
- Announcement Island default filters will show all current announcements instead of just the current month
- Announcement comment notifications will only be delivered to the creator of the announcement
- Announcement Read Receipt List will include all users in the workgroup, whether added individually or by role
Expense Reports v4.11.0 Release Date: October 2, 2014
Key Product Updates
The following features have been updated and are now available in this release. Portal Framework v4.12.0 is required for this version of Expense Reports.
- A new module tool has been added to enable administrators to forward expense reports that may be waiting on approval by a user who is unable to access the portal.
- A new feature was added to allow accounting to modify G/L, Cost Area and receipts before paying an expense report to streamline the process of correcting this information. All changes are recorded in the audit trail. The feature was also improved on the Approval Island by allowing the cost area and receipts to be modified.
- The area available to add comments when approving, declining and forwarding has been increased to improve usability. All comments can now easily be seen when viewing the audit trail.
- Several improvements were made to the export tool
How To Get Updates?
- System Summary (Reports > Portal Framework > System Summary. Copy the blue section with version information)
- Portal to update (Production, Sandbox, etc)
- Date & time for update
- Server access contact
If Passageways is hosting your portal, we will not be scheduling these updates until Portal Framework v4.12.1 is released in the next few weeks. If you would like your portal to be updated sooner you can email your request to email@example.com.
Sandboxes are Available
We strongly encourage all organizations to consider using a Sandbox, especially those customers with consulting applications. Many organizations are currently taking advantage of our Sandbox option to review, test, and educate their staff prior to a production update. For more information on Sandbox Portals, click here.
Education and Training Resources
Many resources are now available to guide you through the update.
If you have any questions, or would like to schedule update assistance, don't hesitate to contact our support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 765-535-1880 opt. 1.
VP of Customer Support