If a customer wants to set up a PHP Page in the portal server, here's what they need to do:
1. Have a PHP program all ready to go.
2. Place the program in a folder at the root of the website.
3. On the server, under Role Services, make sure the service for Web Server -> Application Development -> CGI is installed.
4. Download and unzip PHP from http://php.net/downloads.php into a folder on the server. This can be placed in the base C: folder.
5. Make sure the appropriate version of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio is installed on the server. This is linked on the left side of the screen in the above link from step 4.
6. Go into IIS and create a Handler Mapping for PHP. Choose Module Mapping... and set the following options:
Also set Request Restrictions to be "Invoke handler only if request is mapped to: File or Folder"
7. In the portal website in IIS, locate the PHP application folder in the navigation tree. Select it, and then choose Default Document. Set the Default Document to be the .php start file.
8. Create links in the portal to the PHP application folder. These should work now.