DTSearch is the Passageways Portal Document Indexer. How it works is it indexes your Portal Documents, which is any document that can be reached by going through the Portal Documents section of the portal.
DTSearch normally sets the index location of the files and then the DTSearch module points at that location to do the searching of the index. This means while the index is running, documents cannot be searched. For this reason, the indexer is normally set to run at night.
If you want to set the DTSearch indexer to index more often, in case of frequent document changes during the day, this can be done.
- In Task Scheduler, create a task to run the DT Search Indexer. Run it once and take note of how long it takes to run. You can use this as a gauge to tell how long you should take between runs.
- In the PortalDocumentIndexer.config, located usually at c:\program files\Passageways\DTSearch\, locate the line for the portal and look at the IndexPath. It will look something like this: IndexPath="C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\PortalRoot\Modules\dtSearch\Index\"
- Change the path to a different path. For example: IndexPath="C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\PortalRoot\Modules\dtSearch\TempIndex\"
- Next, create a file in the same folder named CopyIndexFiles.bat and open it for editing.
- Put the single line in the file:
- copy "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\PortalRoot\Modules\dtSearch\TempIndex\*.*" "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\PortalRoot\Modules\dtSearch\Index\*.*"
- In the properties of the Scheduled Task, under Actions, add a second action to run the CopyIndexFiles.bat file.
- Save the Scheduled Task and run it to ensure that the files end up getting copied to the Index folder correctly. If they do, you are set.