How to Edit Database Documents:
Step 1: Select the dropdown on the chosen document and choose “Check Out”.
- Checking out the document allows the portal to capture the history and versioning of each document and the change(s) that was made.
- Checking out the document also tells other portal users that the document is in edit mode.
Once checked out you will see the following note:
Step 2: Click on the document or select “open” in the document dropdown to open the document.
Step 3: Edit the document.
Step 4: Click Save and close the document.
Step 5: Select the dropdown on the chosen document and choose “Check In”.
Step 6: Add any comments you wish to the Comments section.
- You can also choose another file to upload in order to replace the document. This is typically only used for pdf replacement.
- NOTE: If you choose to re-upload the document, there will be a confirmation that you want to overwrite the existing document. *This will break all links to the document in the Portal. * Choosing a file from the screen below will not break any links to the document.
Step 7: Click OK
Other Database document functionality:
- History: By clicking the History option you can see previous versions, comments, and when and who updated the document
- Comments: Allows staff to post comments on a document for the writer to see
- General Tab: Can edit the name of the document, access the URL, and see basic information regarding the document
- Security Tab: Writers can edit the individual security of the document and change permissions
- Subscription Tab: Users can choose to be notified when documents change or get removed