If you are having issues with Excel files not working for data sources. Download the attached DLL and put it in the Bin folder.
After setting up a dashboard data source to use an Excel file, there may be times when it seems like the data is not updating in the visualization or the data source when the Excel file is updated. Here are steps you can take to verify that the Data Source is looking at the correct information:
1. Go to Module Tools -> Dashboards -> Manage Data Sources.
2. Click on the Data Source you want to validate.
3. Look at the Data Source Location:
If the Data Source Location appears empty, then the portal cannot locate the file. Reasons for this may be that the file has been deleted from where it was located, the Mapped Network Drive the file was loaded from may have been deleted, or the Database Document in use as the data source was replaced instead of updated.
- If this is the case, Passageways Technical Support can adjust the database to point at the correct file as long as the file can still be located in a Mapped Network Drive or as a Database Document.
If there is a link, such as the image above, click the link.
- If the file opens, everything should be good.
- If the file does not open or asks for windows credentials, check the permissions on the file. If it is a mapped network document, the portal identity account needs to have access to the Excel file. The identity account can be located under Reports -> Portal Framework -> System Summary under the Portal Server header and at the end of the line: "Identity Account the Portal is Running Under"